* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 12-15 ft.
- Mature Width: 12-15 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Spacing: 12-16 ft.
- Growth Rate: 1 ft.
- Botanical Name: Malus x domestica 'Mutsu'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ, CA, ID, OR
Get Your Mutsu Apples in 1 Year!
With our Mutsu Apple Tree, you’ll get the most popular baking apple in just one year. Though these apples are delicious right off the branches, their tart yet totally sweet flavor adds an extraordinary taste to recipes and baked dishes.
Bakers love the Mutsu Apple because it has a unique texture ideal for preparing pies and coarse flesh that holds up well when baked. And since it’s larger than other varieties, you can make a full pie with as few as three apples from your tree!
But the best part? Our Mutsu’s strong start. We’ve put in the hard work so that your Mutsu Apple Tree succeeds. Though it needs another variety planted nearby to fruit, it’s easy to plant and grow. And you’ll have tons of fruit because we’ve grafted, grown and nurtured our Mutsu Apple Trees for months ahead of time.
So, when you order your Mutsu, you get more than just a tree – you get a guarantee of delicious and healthy fruit, extra fast. Order your own Mutsu Apple Tree today, and see what all the hype’s about!
Mutsu Apple Tree Pollination
Mutsu Apple Trees are not self-fertile. You will need to plant another variety to achieve fruiting. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Planting & Care
2. Watering: The Mutsu Apple grows best when it has evenly moist soil, so generally, you should water your tree about once weekly. If you're not sure when to water, simply check the soil about 2 or 3 inches down. If it's dry in this area, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizer: Apply a general-purpose fertilizer, like a 10-10-10 formula, to your Mutsu in the early spring before the foliage of the tree starts to emerge. Follow the directions on your fertilizer's label for ratios.
4. Pollination: The Mutsu Apple Tree requires a pollinator. Plant a Gala, Fuji, or Granny Smith Tree to help ensure fruiting. A pollinator tree should be located somewhere within 25 feet of the Mutsu for adequate pollination and lots of fruit!
5. Pruning:Your Mutsu will need very little pruning during its first few years. Mature Mutsus require annual pruning. Prune away any shoots that grow beneath the tree’s graft bud and remove any dead or diseased limbs for best results.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|