Gala Apple Tree Malus domestica 'Gala'
* Images shown are of mature plants
Gala Apple Tree Malus domestica 'Gala'
6 to 12 Bushels of Delicious Apples Each YearHarvest and enjoy your own home-grown apples, quickly and easily, with our Gala Apple Trees. The Gala provides 6 to 12 bushels of fruit each year once mature and established, perfect for canning, preserving, and storing for up to six months. These apple trees produce fruit from August through late fall, providing several bushels of apples from each mature tree.
With their juicy flavor and firm texture, Gala Apples are a popular choice among apple lovers. Best of all, when properly stored, they are known for their ability to retain their great taste for up to 6 months.
And these apple trees are perfect for the backyard garden because they are adaptable to a wide variety of soil conditions, with drought tolerance and versatility since they grow to a manageable size. But the best part is that, because we've planted and grown each Gala for months, you get a proven performer...with a well-developed root system and healthy branching.
Now you get tons of great-tasting apples, with enough to last for month. Get our Gala Apple Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: For best results, find a location with well-drained soil and full sun - about 6 hours of sunlight per day. Once you've selected a location, dig a hole that's twice the width of the root ball and just as deep. Then, place your tree, back fill and tamp down the soil, and water to settle the soil. Finally, mulch to retain moisture.
*Tip: Make sure your mulch is not touching the base of the trunk.
2. Watering: Your apple will benefit from a regular watering each week, though you may have to water more during times of drought. If you're not sure when to water, simply check the soil down to a depth of about 2 or 3 inches - if it's dry here, it's time to water.
3. Pruning: Once your tree has become established and is starting to bear fruit, it will need some periodic, moderate pruning. Only prune the tree during times of dormancy, making sure to remove any vigorous, upright stems and weak, damaged or dead branches.
Gala Apple Tree Pollination
Gala Apple Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional pollinator will drastically increase the size of your crop. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $100||$24.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors
- Mature Height: 10-20 ft.
- Mature Width: 8-10 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Blooms: Spring
- Spacing: 15-20 ft.
- Growth Rate: 2-3 ft.
- Does Not Ship To: AZ, CA, ID, OR, WA
Planting Care for the Gala Apple Tree
Your Dwarf Gala Apple needs lots of bright sunlight. Plant it in a spot that gets full sun (6-8 hours per day).
Water your Dwarf Gala Apple regularly each week, more so during times of drought. When in doubt, check the soil 2-3 inches down and water when dry.
Use a fertilizer that's formulated for apple trees and follow all label directions, which typically require applications from spring through summer.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Want extra protection for your plants? We've got you covered. Our cost-effective One Year Warranty guarantees your plants for a full year.
If a plant gets damaged - from weather, human error or anything else - just send in a picture, and you'll get store credit to replace your plant!
Get peace of mind for your new plants. Purchase a One Year Warranty today!
Because this tree is grown in a burlap bag, its roots grow into the cloth, rather than circling around the pot. This brings moisture and nutrients into the tree, for faster, healthier growth and ease. Simply dig your hole, place the Drop 'N Grow™ bag in the center (burlap included), then use excess dirt to fill the hole. That's it!