Fuji Apple Tree Malus domestica 'Fuji'
* Images shown are of mature plants
Fuji Apple Tree Malus domestica 'Fuji'
Get Home-Grown Fuji Apples This YearLooking for a popular apple tree that you can grow at home? Try the Fuji Apple. These trees are preferred by commercial growers because they produce sweet, great-tasting apples fast.
Plus, they're super low-maintenance. Fujis flower in mid to late spring and produce fruit in October for an easy fall harvest. And they're adaptable to a wide variety of soil conditions, thrive in partial or full sun, and grow smaller than other apple varieties...meaning they're the perfect height for growing in tight spaces and picking fresh fruit.
And though our Fuji must cross-pollinate with another variety, like the Granny Smith or Yellow Delicious, planting is easy and you get even more fruit production. Even better? Our Fuji Apple Trees have been pruned over time at our nursery. So, we've trained the tree to grow more branches - and more branches mean more fruit!
Get the sweet and refreshing taste of Red Fuji Apples, right at home. Imagine crisp and delicious fruit from your backyard, easy and quickly - get your ownx Fuji Apple Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: For best results, find a location with well-drained soil and full sun - about 6 hours of sunlight per day. Once you've selected a location, dig a hole that's twice the width of the root ball and just as deep. Then, place your tree, back fill and tamp down the soil, and water to settle the soil. Finally, mulch to retain moisture.
*Tip: Make sure your mulch is not touching the base of the trunk.
2. Watering: Your apple will benefit from a regular watering each week, though you may have to water more during times of drought. If you're not sure when to water, simply check the soil down to a depth of about 2 or 3 inches - if it's dry here, it's time to water.
3. Pruning: Once your tree has become established and is starting to bear fruit, it will need some periodic, moderate pruning. Only prune the tree during times of dormancy, making sure to remove any vigorous, upright stems and weak, damaged or dead branches.
Fuji Apple Tree Pollination
Fuji Apple Trees are not self-fertile. You will need to plant another variety to achieve fruiting. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $100||$24.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors
- Mature Height: 10-15 ft.
- Mature Width: 10-15 ft.
- Sunlight: Full to Partial Sun
- Blooms: Spring
- Spacing: 8-10 ft.
- Growth Rate: 2-3 ft.
- Does Not Ship To: AZ, CA, ID, OR, WA
Planting Care for the Fuji Apple Tree
Your Dwarf Fuji Apple needs lots of bright sunlight. Plant it in a spot that gets full sun (6-8 hours per day).
Water your Dwarf Fuji Apple regularly each week, more so during times of drought. When in doubt, check the soil 2-3 inches down and water when dry.
Use a fertilizer that's formulated for apple trees and follow all label directions, which typically require applications from spring through summer.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Want extra protection for your plants? We've got you covered. Our cost-effective One Year Warranty guarantees your plants for a full year.
If a plant gets damaged - from weather, human error or anything else - just send in a picture, and you'll get store credit to replace your plant!
Get peace of mind for your new plants. Purchase a One Year Warranty today!
Because this tree is grown in a burlap bag, its roots grow into the cloth, rather than circling around the pot. This brings moisture and nutrients into the tree, for faster, healthier growth and ease. Simply dig your hole, place the Drop 'N Grow™ bag in the center (burlap included), then use excess dirt to fill the hole. That's it!