Robin™ Red Holly Shrub Ilex x 'Conin'
* Images shown are of mature plants
Robin™ Red Holly Shrub Ilex x 'Conin'
Creamy White Blooms and Plump Berries
The Red Holly is a large, dense shrub that forms a thick wall when planted in rows.
In the summer, its small, creamy-white blooms attract wildlife and birds. In the fall and winter, its dark green leaves create a dramatic backdrop for a profusion of plump, red berries.
It's the holly of choice for adding holiday sparkle to your home.
These are low-maintenance privacy trees. It's adaptable to most sunlight conditions and most soil types. It is even disease and pest-resistant.
When planted in a row, it makes a dense low hedge or a taller privacy screen to block out the neighbors.
You'll receive mature, top-quality hollies ready to plant when the package arrives. Just follow the enclosed planting instructions. When late fall rolls around, clip a few branches for your holiday decorating!
As America's favorite holly, we can guarantee it will sell out, so order today to ensure delivery.
Planting and Care
1. Planting: When planting your Red Holly, find a site that offers some shade, even though they can tolerate full sun (5 to 8 hours of sunlight per day is ideal). Select a site with moist, well-draining soil, and dig the hole a little shallower than the root ball and three times the width of the root ball. Loosen the soil in and around the hole so the roots can easily break through.
Back fill the hole, apply water to settle the soil and remove the air pockets. Mulching around the Holly can be beneficial in retaining soil moisture while also keeping competitive growth such as grass and weeds at bay.
2. Watering: Water yourRed Holly as needed to keep the soil lightly moist. However, don’t allow the soil to get over saturated - simply check the soil about 3 inches down for dryness, and water if the area is dry.
3. Fertilizing: The Holly generally doesn’t require any supplemental fertilization. However, if the soil or growth is poor, feed the plant in spring and fall using a fertilizer specifically formulated for evergreen and other acid loving plants.
4. Pruning: Pruning is only required if you wish to keep the holly at a certain shape or size. Shape your Holly in late winter or early spring before growth resumes.
Robin™ Red Holly Shrub Pollination
This holly is a female-only cultivar only and will not need a male holly in order to produce berries. One holly will produce berries, but will still benefit from other hollies planted nearby.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $100||$24.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Growing Zones: 6-9 outdoors
- Mature Height: 15-20 ft.
- Mature Width: 12-15 ft.
- Sunlight: Full to Partial Sun
- Spacing: 8-10 ft.
- Growth Rate: fast
- Does Not Ship To: AZ, OR
Planting Care for the Robin™ Red Holly Shrub
Plant your Holly in an area with full to partial sun - at least 4 hours of sunlight daily.
Water weekly, or more often in extreme heat. Water when the soil is dry 2-3 inches down.
Fertilization isn't required for your Holly, but you can apply an evergreen fertilizer in the spring as needed.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Want extra protection for your plants? We've got you covered. Our cost-effective One Year Warranty guarantees your plants for a full year.
If a plant gets damaged - from weather, human error or anything else - just send in a picture, and you'll get store credit to replace your plant!
Get peace of mind for your new plants. Purchase a One Year Warranty today!
Because this tree is grown in a burlap bag, its roots grow into the cloth, rather than circling around the pot. This brings moisture and nutrients into the tree, for faster, healthier growth and ease. Simply dig your hole, place the Drop 'N Grow™ bag in the center (burlap included), then use excess dirt to fill the hole. That's it!