Growing Zones: 7-9 outdoors(hardy down to 10℉) 7-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 4-6 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 4-6 ft.
- Full to Partial Sun
- Botanical Name:
- Ilex cornuta 'Burfordii Nana'
- Does Not Ship To:
Versatile Dwarf Size and Classic Holly Features
Known for its rich evergreen foliage and classic red berries, the Dwarf Burford Holly Shrub is set apart by its adaptable size that fits in nearly anywhere. Particularly suited for warmer climates, this widely-used shrub is still dense and layered but ideal for natural hedging beneath windows, along fences and beyond. Basically, it’s a compact, manageable version of the most popular Holly on the market.
And it boasts slower, more manageable growth. So, it won’t overtake your garden and is well-suited for pairing with your other landscape favorites. Plus, even though it’s a heavy producer of large, bright red berries, it doesn’t attract deer – only dazzling wildlife, like butterflies and birds.
But the best part is that it’s made to acclimate and grow well, long after it arrives to your door. That’s because we plant, monitor and ship your shrub with the utmost care and put the extra work in to meticulously nurture your plant. Now, it’s a proven performer.
And you’ll reap the rewards of the hard work we’ve put in at our nursery…you’ll get easy, low-maintenance growth, rich evergreen foliage and adaptability. Get your own Dwarf Burford Holly Shrub today!
We recommend getting 3 gallon privets if they're still available. You'll get tons of color, the first year! Perfect for impatient gardeners!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Your Dwarf Burford Holly is highly adaptable, but it’s important to select the right location – preferably one that receives 5 to 8 hours of sunlight per day and with well-drained soil. After selecting a location, dig a hole that’s two to three times the size of your shrub’s root ball, place your shrub, then back fill the soil and water to settle your Burford’s roots.
2. Watering: Water your Burford weekly, or more often in extreme heat. If you’re not sure when to water your shrub, simply check its surrounding soil down to about 2 or 3 inches – if it’s dry, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Dwarf Burford with a general-purpose fertilizer before new growth begins during spring.
4. Pruning: If you want a neater appearance for your Burford, you can prune or shear it annually during winter.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|$0 - $14.99||$11.99|
|$15 - $23.99||$13.99|
|$24 - $39.99||$16.99|
|$40 - $79.99||$19.99|
|$80 - $98.99||$24.99|
|$99 and Above||Free Shipping with code "FREESHIP"|