Call to Order! (800) 399-95149AM-6PM ET M-F. 9:30AM-6PM ET Sat & Sun.
This plant is perfect for your area!
Sundown Orange Bougainvillea adds fiery splashes of color to your garden with multicolored blossoms that open as bright orange before changing to shades of coral and pink. Although the true flowers are tiny and hard to see, the showy bracts that surround the flowers are the real attention-grabbers. If you want to jump-start your garden's design impact, add some knockout color with the Sundown Orange Bougainvillea!
3 Outstanding Features:
1. Colorful blooms. The transitioning shades of color on Sundown Orange Bougainvilleas bump up the eye appeal compared to solid-color flowers on other plants.
2. Low-Maintenance. Plants are drought- and salt-tolerant, and disease- and deer-resistant.
3. Hummingbird and butterfly magnet. Sundown Orange Bougainvillea flowers lure these tiny winged creatures to your garden.
Fortunate gardeners in USDA Plant Hardiness Zones 9 through 11 can grow Sundown Orange Bougainvillea year-round as perennials. This versatile vine or tree can be trained over trellises and arbors, draped over pergolas, and grown as scrambling fence covers. But even gardeners outside its hardiness range can enjoy Sundown Orange Bougainvillea as an exceptional container plant, which can be moved indoors during cold weather.
Give Sundown Orange Bougainvillea these requirements that are most conducive to its growth, and reap the reward of its sumptuous blooms:
• Sun. Lots of sun needed for this plant to reach its maximum flowering potential -- at least 6 hours each day.
• Soil. It's not too fussy about the type of soil, but it needs good drainage and an optimal soil pH of 5.5-6.5.
• Water. Don't overwater this plant; less is best. Although new plants need more water to help develop a strong root system, established plants like the soil a tad on the dry side.
• Fertilizer. Fertilize with a slow-release product once in spring or with a water-soluble product once a month.
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, 5 & 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 3rd|
|Zone 5||Week of April 10th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 29th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Beautiful, colorful, and unique array of shrubs, trees, and plants
We grow and deliver the highest quality products directly to your door
Order online or over the phone with no waiting and no hassles
Join our community and get exclusive offers, care tips and more!