* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors
This plant is perfect for your area!
- Mature Height: 10-30 ft.
- Mature Width: 10-20 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Blooms: Spring
- Spacing: 6 ft.
- Growth Rate: up to 2 ft.
- Botanical Name: Bougainvillea 'Sundown Orange'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Add Sizzle to Your Landscape with Hot Color
Sundown Orange Bougainvillea adds fiery splashes of color to your garden with multicolored blossoms that open as bright orange before changing to shades of coral and pink. Although the true flowers are tiny and hard to see, the showy bracts that surround the flowers are the real attention-grabbers. If you want to jump-start your garden's design impact, add some knockout color with the Sundown Orange Bougainvillea!
3 Outstanding Features:
1. Colorful blooms. The transitioning shades of color on Sundown Orange Bougainvilleas bump up the eye appeal compared to solid-color flowers on other plants.
2. Low-Maintenance. Plants are drought- and salt-tolerant, and disease- and deer-resistant.
3. Hummingbird and butterfly magnet. Sundown Orange Bougainvillea flowers lure these tiny winged creatures to your garden.
Fortunate gardeners in USDA Plant Hardiness Zones 9 through 11 can grow Sundown Orange Bougainvillea year-round as perennials. This versatile vine or tree can be trained over trellises and arbors, draped over pergolas, and grown as scrambling fence covers. But even gardeners outside its hardiness range can enjoy Sundown Orange Bougainvillea as an exceptional container plant, which can be moved indoors during cold weather.
Give Sundown Orange Bougainvillea these requirements that are most conducive to its growth, and reap the reward of its sumptuous blooms:
• Sun. Lots of sun needed for this plant to reach its maximum flowering potential -- at least 6 hours each day.
• Soil. It's not too fussy about the type of soil, but it needs good drainage and an optimal soil pH of 5.5-6.5.
• Water. Don't overwater this plant; less is best. Although new plants need more water to help develop a strong root system, established plants like the soil a tad on the dry side.
• Fertilizer. Fertilize with a slow-release product once in spring or with a water-soluble product once a month.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|