* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 6-9 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 15-20 ft.
- Mature Width: 10-15 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Botanical Name: Lagerstroemia indica 'Tuscarora'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ, GA
Rich Color Meets Easy Growth in California
A fast-growing, drought-tolerant silhouette meets hundreds of delicate coral-pink blooms, making the Tuscarora Crape Myrtle second to none. And it’s grown right in California, so it’s perfect for your Golden State landscape, with disease tolerance for no-hassle care.
Even better? The Tuscarora’s month-to-month visual interest. Bright green summer foliage emerges during warmer months and gives way to blazing orange-red hues during the fall. Plus, this Crape Myrtle boasts smooth, light cinnamon-brown bark that provides an eye-catching pop, even through the winter season.
It's rare to find a Crape Myrtle that thrives all the way down to 0 degrees, but Tuscarora Crape Myrtle Tree fits the bill. It's perfect for those in the colder areas of growing zone 6 who still want vibrant, unmatched color.
But the best part about the Tuscarora Crape Myrtle is its amazing origin. Because this tree is specifically chosen for top benefits and hand-selected by horticulturists, it outlasts the competition. So, it’s a proven performer, whether you plant it as a large shrub or landscape focal point. And since it’s planted, monitored and shipped with care, all with its roots intact, you reap the ultimate rewards.
Lastly, this Tuscarora Crape Myrtle is Golden State-grown, so it’s ready to thrive in your California landscape…without effort. It’s happy and healthful, long before it arrives at your door, so it’s ready to grow. The Tuscarora Crape is ideal for your California landscape – order yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Crapes are full sun lovers, so try and find a spot where they will get as much sun as possible...about 6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily with well-drained soil.
After you have found your planting area, make your hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place your Crape in the hole and make sure that the root crown is level with the soil surface. Tamp down the soil lightly as you backfill the hole to prevent air pockets from forming and then water after you’ve finished. Mulch the area around the tree to conserve water moisture.
2. Watering: After planting, water regularly to start. If the climate is hot, you may need to water a few times weekly, especially in lighter soils. During the cooler seasons, you’ll only need to water once weekly. But if you're not sure when to water, simply check the soil about 2 or 3 inches down in the surrounding area. If the soil is dry here, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Your Tuscarora Crape will greatly benefit from a light application of a complete, balanced, slow-release fertilizer formula in the early spring and summer seasons.
4. Pruning: Prune in the late winter, removing all but 4 to 5 strong branches and then removing the lateral branches around the bottom half of the tree. To encourage branching, make your cuts on the longer, leggy limbs. And remove any damaged or crossing branches during the late winter.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|