* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 40-50 ft.
- Mature Width: 30-35 ft.
- Sunlight: Full to Partial Sun
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Botanical Name: Acer rubrum ‘Red Sunset’
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Dazzling Foliage Starts Earlier + Lasts Longer
Get outstanding red and orange color weeks earlier than other varieties. The Red Sunset® Maple’s deep, dazzling red hues can develop almost one month before other similar varieties, giving you longer-lasting fall color.
The Red Sunset ® displays rich, vivid color in hot, dry areas...where other maples can't. Whether you're in a cold climate with temperatures down to -20 degrees or a desert up to zone 9, you get intense color. The Red Sunset® is much more drought-resistant than other varieties too, so it keeps on looking great without much watering.
Basically, nothing can stop the Red Sunset® from displaying its vivid hues. No matter where it grows, the Red Maple transforms your landscape into the best yard on the block.
Best of all, because it’s grown and nurtured for months ahead of shipping at our nursery, you get the best possible color in your own landscape. Meticulous care means it’s ready to thrive, long before it arrives at your door.
Order your own Red Sunset ® Maple today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, choose a full to partial sun location for your Red Sunset®. Any area with a maximum of 6 hours of direct sunlight, some afternoon shade, and well-drained soil is best.
Dig a hole deep enough to cover your tree's root ball. After placing your tree, tamp down the soil while backfilling to avoid air pockets in the area. Water your tree to settle the soil that surrounds the roots, and ensure it is planted several feet away from structures and power lines.
2. Watering: Simply water your Red Sunset® Maple during dry spells for the first few years. Generally, it will thrive on rainfall alone.
3. Pruning: When you’re ready to prune your tree, do so in late winter before its buds break. Prune away dead or damaged branches back to the nearest healthy bud at any time of year.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$119 +||FREE SHIPPING!|