Norway Spruce Tree Picea abies
* Images shown are of mature plants
Norway Spruce Tree Picea abies
Ultra Cold Hardy Evergreen Foliage
Growing to a large, full mature height in as little as three years, the Norway Spruce Tree is a dense variety that easily blocks out wind and neighbors..leaving you with gorgeous good looks and an instant landscape favorite.
As a privacy barrier, windscreen, or even a traditional focal point showpiece, the Norway Spruce is second to none. You'll enjoy its deep green color year-round, especially since it's tolerant to drought and heat, too.
Even better? It's one of the hardiest spruce varieties available, so it truly thrives and will grow in any Northern state. Plus, any serious disease or insect problems that kill other spruce trees do not affect the Norway Spruce, meaning you won't have to deal with harsh chemicals, sprays, or netting.
And the best part: not only is it good-looking, adaptable to a variety of conditions and soils, and very cold tolerant, but your Norway Spruce has also been planted, grown, and nurtured for success, long before it ships.
We've done the hard work at our nursery...now, you reap the rewards in your own landscape.
But don't wait - get this tough evergreen for yourself before it's gone. Order your Norway Spruce Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Avoid planting your Norway Spruce too close to sidewalks, buildings, or street right-of-ways. It's best to plant the tree as soon as you bring it home from the nursery, but it's important to avoid planting the tree during extremely dry weather and to give it at least six weeks to develop before the first frost of the season. If you need to wait to plant the tree, keep the roots constantly moist.
When you're ready to plant, dig a large hole twice as wide as the size of the Norway Spruce root ball and just as deep. Dampen the roots in preparation for planting and set the root ball into the hole, being sure the trunk is straight. Back fill the hole with a mixture of your native soil and some gardening soil. Mulch around the base of the spruce to keep weeds and grasses from growing around the planting site.
2. Watering: The Norway Spruce tolerates acidic soils well, but does not do well on dry or deficient soils. During times of drought, additional watering may be needed. Generally, we recommend watering your Norway about once per week.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Norway mild, slow-acting fertilizer tabs for the initial growing season and save stronger fertilizers for when the tree is established. Once the tree is established, feed it twice a month during early spring and once a month during the summer months.
4. Pruning: Prune Norway Spruce Trees in the late winter or early spring. For young trees, follow branch tips back until you find two branches growing to either side. Snip off the center branch growth. Doing this will encourage the side branches that remain to grow faster and to make the tree bushier. Cut the lowest rung of branches on the tree to force more height.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $100||$24.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Growing Zones: 2-7 outdoors
- Mature Height: 50 ft.
- Mature Width: 25 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Customer Reviews & Photos
Want extra protection for your plants? We've got you covered. Our cost-effective One Year Warranty guarantees your plants for a full year.
If a plant gets damaged - from weather, human error or anything else - just send in a picture, and you'll get store credit to replace your plant!
Get peace of mind for your new plants. Purchase a One Year Warranty today!
Because this tree is grown in a burlap bag, its roots grow into the cloth, rather than circling around the pot. This brings moisture and nutrients into the tree, for faster, healthier growth and ease. Simply dig your hole, place the Drop 'N Grow™ bag in the center (burlap included), then use excess dirt to fill the hole. That's it!