Effective Date: October 24, 2018
Brighter Blooms (“we”, “us”, or “our”) is committed to respecting your privacy. Brighter Blooms has developed this Privacy Statement (this “Statement”) to describe how we may collect information about you as a website visitor or customer through your interactions with us on our website www.brighterblooms.com (the “Site”), how we use the information that we collect, and how and under what circumstances we share that information.
When you visit the Site or submit information to us through the Site, you consent to the collection and processing of your information as described in this Statement. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE USES OF INFORMATION DESCRIBED IN THIS STATEMENT, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SITE OR SUBMIT INFORMATION TO US.
This Site is operated by us from the United States and is designed for and intended for users from the United States.
We may change this Statement. The “Effective Date” legend at the top of the page indicates when this Statement was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Statement on the Site.
Information We Collect
Brighter Blooms collects information that personally identifies you when you voluntarily request information from Brighter Blooms or supply information through the Site, including any and all materials submitted by you when you create an account; place an order; enter your zip code to determine your growing zone; sign up to receive special offers, savings and care tips; fill out a submission form, questionnaire, or inquiry (“Personal Information”). “Personal Information” includes information your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, payment information (such as your credit or debit card number and expiration date, PayPal account information or gift card information), login credentials (your username and password created when you sign up for an account with us).
Please note that we may also obtain Personal Information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site. For example, we may collect information about you from sources such as social media, our business partners, vendors, subcontractors, other advertising companies and publicly available sources. If you choose to login to the Site with your social media profile, you will receive prompts requesting access to specific user data. The information we receive from social media services depends on your privacy settings on the applicable social media service.
We also collect Usage Data (defined below) through the Site that does not, on its own, identify a specific individual. When we link Usage Data to your Personal Information, we will treat Usage Data in accordance with this Privacy Statement. When you use the Site we may, like most website operators, automatically collect certain non-identifying information about you, referred to as “Usage Data”, such as the type of browser or operating system you use, your IP address, or the domain name of the website from which you linked to the Site, the activity of the your browser when the you are viewing the Site; your site path; and the time you come to the Site.
Uses of Information - Purposes
We may use your Personal Information as follows:
• to provide and deliver products and fulfill your orders;
• to establish and manage business relations with you;
• to respond to inquiries, requests and comments from you;
• to operate, improve and personalize the products and services we offer, and to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us;
• to communicate special offers, promotions and information about our company and service offerings to you via email or to your mailing address, if you have provided one;
• to publish public product and customer reviews submitted by you;
• to send you newsletters and information about products, services and promotions of our business partners and affiliates;
• for customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities;
• to prevent or investigate activity we think may be potentially illegal, unlawful or harmful;
• for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the services;
• to better understand how you access and use the Site, for the purposes of trying to improve the Site, diagnose problems, administer our Site and respond to user preferences; and
• to enforce our other applicable policies.
In general, we gather Usage Data about all of our users collectively, and not on an individual basis, for purposes such as determining which parts of our website users access most frequently. This Usage Data helps us determine which parts of our website are most beneficial for users, and how we can continually create a better overall experience for you. If we link Usage Data with Personal Information in a way that renders the Usage Data personally identifiable, we will treat it as Personal Information in accordance with the terms of this Statement.
We may use the Usage Data that we collect
• to operate, improve, find errors in and personalize the Site;
• to recognize returning website visitors and improve user experience;
• to provide customer service, and to detect, prevent and mitigate fraudulent or illegal activities; and
• to learn things like what pages are most attractive to our visitors, which of our products most interest our customers, and what kinds of offers our customers like to see.
Disclosing Your Personal Information to Third Parties
Any Personal Information we gather may be used for our internal business purposes and disclosed to third parties, as stated below.
• Agents and Service Providers: We engage vendors, subcontractors, agents, consultants, and other service providers (“Service Providers”) to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include creating and maintaining our Site, sending postal mail and e-mail, collecting user product reviews, managing and updating customer lists, developing and delivering targeted advertising, providing analytics and site usage information, processing transactions and payments, administering our promotions, contests, sweepstakes, and surveys; providing other marketing and promotional assistance, and providing other services related to the operation of our business. These Service Providers may require the Personal Information to perform their functions on our behalf or to permit us to perform our functions. These Service Providers have agreed to keep your Personal Information confidential.
• Legal Compliance and Protection. Notwithstanding any other statements or representations in this Statement or elsewhere on our Site, we reserve the right to disclose any information in our possession if we are required to do so by law or we believe, in good faith, that such a disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, court order or other government or law enforcement agency, defend our rights or property, or to respond to an emergency situation or protect the rights, property or safety of website users.
• Corporate Transactions. Brighter Blooms reserves the right to share information with its corporate affiliates and subsidiaries and to transfer Personal Information to a purchaser or successor entity in the event of a sale or other corporate transaction involving some or all of our business.
• Your Consent: We may share your Personal Information with your consent or at your direction.
We implement security measures to maintain the safety of your Personal Information. However, the security of information transmitted through the internet can never be guaranteed. We (like all websites) cannot warrant or guarantee 100% security of any information you transmit to us through the Site.
We may provide you with opportunities to share product reviews and customer reviews. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas may be made public with your consent. You should exercise caution when disclosing Personal Information in these areas, as this information is made available to other users. Do not disclose information in these public forums that might be considered confidential or proprietary or that you do not wish to be publicly available or that you are prohibited from disclosing.
Managing “Do Not Track” Signals
Some browsers have an optional Do Not Track (“DNT”) feature that allows you to express your preference regarding tracking of your online activity by websites. When you choose to turn on the DNT setting in your browser, your browser sends a special signal to websites, ad networks, plug-in providers, and other web services you encounter while browsing to stop tracking your activity via cookies or other tracking technologies. Our Site does not currently respond to DNT browser signals or mechanisms. Third Party Links
The Site may contain links to websites maintained by third parties with which we have no affiliation. This Statement does not reflect the privacy practices of those sites, and you should consult the privacy policies of those sites to learn about their practices. A link to any third party site does not mean that we endorse it or the quality or accuracy of information presented on it. The social media features on our Site may allow social media providers to collect certain information. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy policies of the company providing the features.
Additional Protections for Children
The Site is not designed for or targeted to children under the age of 13. Brighter Blooms will never knowingly solicit or collect Personal Information from a child under the age of 13 through the Site without verifiable parental consent or unless that child’s parent or legal guardian has submitted the information in connection with the Site. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has submitted Personal Information without verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information.
You Choices About Our Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
• Changing Personal Data. We strive to maintain the accuracy of Personal Information collected. If you have an online account with us, you may update your name by logging into your account. If you want to change any of your other Personal Information, we will work with you to correct any information you submitted to us upon your request. Please submit your request by 800-399-9514. If may not always be possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases, although we will make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request.
• Commercial Electronic Communications. If you do not wish to receive communications from us, you may opt-out of receiving future communications by clicking the unsubscribe link featured at the end of our emails or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your Rights Under California Law
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and have an online account with us, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our website or other online services. Note that fulfillment of the request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user). To request removal of content or information, please email or call us using the contact information below.
If you are a California resident, you have a right to request from companies conducting business in California a list of all third parties to which the company has disclosed Personal Information, as defined under California Civil Code Section 1798.83(e), during the preceding year for third party direct marketing purposes. We will respond to one request per California resident per calendar year, according to California Civil Code Section 1798.83. You may request this information in writing by contacting us by mail at 2621 Old Nation Rd. Fort Mill, SC 29715 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
If you have questions or comments about this Statement or would like to review, update correct or delete any Personal Information you have provided, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to This Statement
The Effective Date of this Statement is set forth at the top of this Statement. Brighter Blooms may from time to time make changes to this Statement to reflect changes in legal or regulatory obligations or changes in the manner in which we collect and use Personal Information. We will notify you by posting the modified Statement, and its effective date, on this page, and by emailing you if you have provided your email address to us. For this reason, you should regularly review this Statement and note the effective date.