- Sunlight: Full-Partial
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Drought Tolerance: Good
- Traffic Tolerance: Low
- Coverage Area: 5,000-10,000 sq. feet
- Season: Transitional
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Get Your Ideal Lawn - Even in Shady Areas!
Best yard on the block? Check! Your yard will be transformed in no time with this strong, easy-growing grass seed that thrives all year. Lesco Shady Select Grass Seed is designed for shaded landscapes, providing a landscape boost even in hard-to-grow areas.
Through cool and warm temperatures, sun to shade transitions, and any other tough conditions, this lush, deep green grass will grow quickly and effortlessly, keeping its color and volume from month to month.
Lesco Shady Select Grass Seed delivers an eye-catching look - without the hard work. Order your grass seed today, and have the most beautiful lawn in the neighborhood tomorrow!
It's not easy to find the perfect grass seed - especially for those shady, hard-to-plant areas. The good news? At BrighterBlooms.com, we've hand-selected the top grass seeds for your yard - so you'll get a lush, improved landscape, faster.
Lesco Shady Select Seed is a time-tested, premium blend of grass seed, delivering resilient growth and deep green color to the shadiest spots in your yard.
Don't wait - get your Lesco Shady Select Grass Seed today!
Planting & Care
1. Preparation: Whether you're establishing new grass or overseeding an existing lawn, it's important to prepare your planting area. Check your soil's pH, and apply a starter fertilizer before seeding. You can also aerate your lawn for best results.
Cool-season grasses tend to germinate best when the soil temperature is between 60 and 85 degrees - seeding is done best in spring or fall. For permanent establishment, Lesco Shady Select Grass Seed will grow best in the cool humid and cool arid zones of the United States, along with higher elevations in the warm humid and warm arid zones.
2. Seeding: Spread your grass seed, according to these guidelines:
- New grass establishment: 4-6 lbs. of seed for every 1000 square fee
- Existing lawn renovation: 3-4 lbs. for every 1000 square feet (20-50% existing cover) or 2-3 lbs. for every 1000 square feet (50-75% existing cover)
3. Watering: Water your new grass seed well immediately after grass seed application, and continue light, frequent waterings. Water more frequently in times of extreme heat or drought.
You'll see germination within 14 days, and your grass can take 3-6 months to fully establish.
4. Maintenance: This grass thrives best with moderate maintenance. Keep your lawn mowed at a height of 2-3 inches.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|