Lesco Seed Starter
* Images shown are of mature plants
Lesco Seed Starter
Help Your New Lawn Establish Faster!
When it comes to a new lawn, you want healthy, green growth - as fast as possible. Lesco Seed Starter can help.
Designed to help new grass seed germinate faster, Lesco Seed Starter helps you get the lawn you've always wanted. Made up of a unique blend of cellulose and corn fiber, it holds new grass seed in place for better germination and establishment. It also keeps grass seed moist and prevents weeds.
Perfect for patching or new lawn establishment, Lesco Seed Starter can be used in any type of seeding application - hydraulic, drop and by hand. Plus, it holds up to 40% more water than other pellet mulches.
- Improves seed to soil contact
- Keeps soil moist, longer
- Prevents weeds and runoff
- Low dust and biodegradable
Planting & Care
1. Preparation: Seed Started can be applied by hand, or using a hydraulic or drop spreader. Before applying, make sure your soil is tilled and loose, for best germination.
2. Seeding and fertilizing: Spread your grass seed, following the package instructions for best results (typically, 5-10 lbs. per 1000 square feet). We recommend Lesco grass seeds. Follow your seeding application with a starter fertilizer, following package instructions.
3. Starter application: Apply Lesco Seed Starter, using 50-75 lbs. for every 1000 square feet. Try to space the granules about 1/2 in. apart.
4. Water: Water lightly, allowing seed starter to fully absorb the water while also watering in the seed. Keep the area lightly irrigated daily, keeping seed consistently moist. Once your grass seeds start to germinate, you can reduce watering to every other day until fully germinated.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $100||$24.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
- Coverage Area: 800 sq. feet
- Season: Transitional
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Customer Reviews & Photos
Want extra protection for your plants? We've got you covered. Our cost-effective One Year Warranty guarantees your plants for a full year.
If a plant gets damaged - from weather, human error or anything else - just send in a picture, and you'll get store credit to replace your plant!
Get peace of mind for your new plants. Purchase a One Year Warranty today!
Because this tree is grown in a burlap bag, its roots grow into the cloth, rather than circling around the pot. This brings moisture and nutrients into the tree, for faster, healthier growth and ease. Simply dig your hole, place the Drop 'N Grow™ bag in the center (burlap included), then use excess dirt to fill the hole. That's it!