* Images shown are of mature plants
My Garden Go-Tos™
Help Your New Lawn Establish Faster!
When it comes to a new lawn, you want healthy, green growth - as fast as possible. Lesco Seed Starter can help.
Designed to help new grass seed germinate faster, Lesco Seed Starter helps you get the lawn you've always wanted. Made up of a unique blend of cellulose and corn fiber, it holds new grass seed in place for better germination and establishment. It also keeps grass seed moist and prevents weeds.
Perfect for patching or new lawn establishment, Lesco Seed Starter can be used in any type of seeding application - hydraulic, drop and by hand. Plus, it holds up to 40% more water than other pellet mulches.
- Improves seed to soil contact
- Keeps soil moist, longer
- Prevents weeds and runoff
- Low dust and biodegradable
Planting & Care
1. Preparation: Seed Started can be applied by hand, or using a hydraulic or drop spreader. Before applying, make sure your soil is tilled and loose, for best germination.
2. Seeding and fertilizing: Spread your grass seed, following the package instructions for best results (typically, 5-10 lbs. per 1000 square feet). We recommend Lesco grass seeds. Follow your seeding application with a starter fertilizer, following package instructions.
3. Starter application: Apply Lesco Seed Starter, using 50-75 lbs. for every 1000 square feet. Try to space the granules about 1/2 in. apart.
4. Water: Water lightly, allowing seed starter to fully absorb the water while also watering in the seed. Keep the area lightly irrigated daily, keeping seed consistently moist. Once your grass seeds start to germinate, you can reduce watering to every other day until fully germinated.
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, 5, & 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 2nd|
|Zone 5||Week of April 11th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 28th|
|Zones 6 - 11||Ships Now!|
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|