* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 3-8 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 25-30 ft.
- Mature Width: 4 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Botanical Name: Thuja occidentalis 'American Pillar'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
One of the Fastest-Growing Privacy Trees Available
One of the most popular privacy varieties, the Full Speed A Hedge® American Pillar Tree delivers fast, full growth. After the first year, the American Pillar grows more than 3 feet every year until it reaches maturity. And since it's naturally narrow, it fits into tighter spaces where similar varieties can't.
It's cheaper than a traditional fence, and the Full Speed A Hedge® American Pillar’s dense growth habit (plus its manageable width) makes it ideal for borders, street hedging, and more.
Plus, because it's resistant to extreme heat, cold, wind, and ice, it's super strong. A little watering and it's good to grow for years to come! Whether you want to save money and create a natural fence, or simply want to enjoy the deep green, dense foliage, the Full Speed A Hedge® American Pillar shines.
But the best part? It's grown and monitored at our nursery so that it’s a proven performer when it arrives at your doorstep. We ship your Full Speed A Hedge® American Pillar with a healthy root ball and better branching for best results. Order your own Full Speed A Hedge® American Pillar Arborvitae today, before it’s gone!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: The Full Speed A Hedge® American Pillar Arborvitae can be planted in any soil or air condition, but it needs to be placed in a spot that receives full sun (6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day). Plant in a hole twice as wide, but just as deep as the root ball. There is no need to amend the soil. Water thoroughly after planting to establish roots.
2. Watering: This tree can tolerate wet or dry conditions. Be sure to water the tree weekly in its young life to ensure proper growth. Try to maintain even moisture for the first year.
3. Pruning: This tree does not require any pruning. If you want to reduce the size, you can prune off the top once it reaches over 10 feet. This will stunt the growth and allow you to customize your screen size.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|