* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 40-50 ft.
- Mature Width: 25-30 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Botanical Name: Ginkgo Biloba 'Autumn Gold'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Fast-Growing Shade Meets Dazzling Foliage
Delivering the strength and easy, full growth of the Ginkgo plus warm, gilded hues in the fall, the Autumn Gold is a unique variety with the same classic benefits you love. The Autumn Gold is fast-growing and good-looking, with dazzling foliage that's second to none.
And the Autumn Gold's open, symmetrical branching means you see more color than with other varieties. The Autumn Gold grows upright at first, eventually transitioning to a broader silhouette as it ages. And this larger size means it's even more carefree because larger, more-developed trees need less sun and water. The Autumn Gold gives you green foliage for months, long-lasting golden color in autumn, and dense shade that's unmatched.
The Autumn Gold, also known as the Maiden Hair Tree, improves upon the Ginkgo's already reliable reputation. In fact, the Ginkgo is the world's oldest tree, and for good reason...it thrives, long after others die back and fade. The Autumn Gold is tolerant of disease, pollution, and insects, so it grows wherever you live - from city streets to wide-open country spaces. It even adapts well to a number of soil types, so you won't deal with any guesswork in growing.
Plus, the Autumn Gold is a fruitless male strain, so it doesn't emit a foul aroma like other Ginkgos.
But the best part is that your Autumn Gold Ginkgo Tree is hand-selected by our plant specialists so that it’s a proven performer. Your Autumn Gold Ginkgo is planted and grown for months ahead of shipping, then packaged with care and its healthy roots intact.
Now, you won't need a green thumb to get the benefits of shade, color and easy care for years to come. Don't wait - order your Autumn Gold today before they sell out!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select an area with at least 6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day and well-drained soil. Dig a hole that’s at least two to three times wider than your Ginkgo’s root ball. After placing your tree, backfill its soil, tamp down to avoid air pockets and lastly, water to help establish its roots.
2. Watering: Water your tree thoroughly about once a week until it's established (the first few seasons of growth). If you’re not sure when to water, simply check the surrounding soil, down to around 2 or 3 inches. If the soil is dry, it’s time to water.
3. Pruning: Simply remove dead or damaged branches. If you want to prune for shaping, do so during winter.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|