Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉) 4-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 4-12 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 2-8 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- 1-2 ft.
- Botanical Name:
- Juniperus chinensis 'Blue Point'
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, CA
Blue-Green Evergreen Foliage for Year-Round Interest
Whether you utilize it for stately lawns or privacy screens, the Blue Point Juniper boasts glowing blue-green foliage on a broad, pyramidal form. Year-round interest and low-maintenance care make it a classic evergreen, but it’s made unique by its ability to acclimate to almost any location.
So, all these benefits make the Blue Point Juniper versatile and adaptable. You can plant this densely-branched tree nearly anywhere, as a clipped topiary flanking your entryway or as a backyard border. Either way, you get its good looks effortlessly, without much care.
Month-to-month perks make this Blue Point Juniper better than the rest. From cutting winter cold to mitigating summer heat, our Blue Point Juniper is special because it’s a proven performer. Basically, we’ve chosen the best Blue Point specimen available so that you get results at home.
It’s grown and shipped with care (and its roots) intact. We’ve put in the extra work at our nursery so that your Blue Point arrives to your door happy and healthful. When your Blue Point comes home, it’s ready to grow and grow well. Order your Blue Point Juniper Tree today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Planting & Care
1. Planting Instructions: First, choose a location with full sun (6 to 8 hours of sun per day) and well-drained soil. The Blue Point is highly adaptable, drought resistant and easy-to-grow in most soil types, so it’s known for its no-hassle care. Plus, it’s even deer and smog resistant. However, we do recommend that you allow room for its final width while planting – leave about 3 feet of clearance from doors, windows and walls.
When it’s finally time to plant your tree, start by digging a hole that’s at least twice the overall width of your tree’s root ball. After placing your tree, back fill the soil, tamp down the soil to ensure air pockets are eliminated, and water the area to establish the root system.
2. Watering: Water your new Blue Point Juniper Tree regularly and deeply during its first growing season to help establishment – this generally means weekly, or more often during extreme heat. Once it has acclimated to your landscape, you may reduce your frequency of watering. If you’re not sure when to water or how much watering your tree needs, simply check the soil. If the soil is dry down to around 2 or 3 inches, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Blue Point Juniper Tree with a slow-release fertilizer before new growth begins in the spring.
4. Pruning: The Blue Point Juniper doesn’t need a lot of manicuring, but if you’d like to shape your tree as a topiary or to your yard’s specifications, prune it annually. Simply avoid pruning your tree during the hottest and coldest months to avoid strain.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|$0 - $14.99||$11.99|
|$15 - $23.99||$13.99|
|$24 - $39.99||$16.99|
|$40 - $79.99||$19.99|
|$80 - $98.99||$24.99|
|$99 and Above||Free Shipping with code "FREESHIP"|