* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 3 ft.
- Mature Width: 3-4 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Botanical Name: Juniperus squamata 'Blue Star'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ, CA
Unique Blue-Green Evergreen Foliage
From stately lawns to shorter borders, the Blue Star Juniper Tree boasts glowing blue-green foliage on a unique topiary-like form. Year-round interest and virtually no upkeep make the Blue Star a must-have for almost any space.
Plus, it's more compact and slow-growing, so it's highly adaptable. You can plant this tree nearly anywhere, from your entryway as a topiary or even in a container indoors. No matter where it's planted, though, you get its good looks effortlessly.
But the best part is it arrives at your door, ready to grow. We’ve chosen the best Blue Star specimen available so that you get results at home, and grown and shipped it with care. We’ve put in the extra work so that your tree is delivered with healthy, better-developed roots. And it's grafted to grow in a polished, clean silhouette, with little pruning or trimming needed.
When your Blue Star comes home, it’s ready to truly thrive. Order your own Blue Star Juniper Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, choose a location with full sun (6 to 8 hours of sun per day) and well-drained soil.
Then, dig a hole that’s at least twice the overall width of your tree’s root ball. After placing your tree, backfill the soil, tamp down the soil, and water the area to establish the root system.
If you're planting in a container, select a pot that's twice the width of your shipped container and ensure it has drainage holes. Use organic soil mix, plant your tree, and place in a sunny area on your porch or patio.
2. Watering: Water your new Juniper Tree regularly and deeply during its first growing season to help establishment – this generally means weekly, or more often during extreme heat. Once it has acclimated to your landscape, you may reduce your watering.
Or you can simply check the soil. If the soil is dry down to around 2 or 3 inches, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Juniper Tree with a slow-release fertilizer before new growth begins in the spring.
4. Pruning: The Blue Star Juniper doesn’t need a lot of manicuring, but if you’d like to shape your tree, prune it annually. Avoid pruning your tree during the hottest and coldest months to avoid strain.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|