Blue Wonder Spruce (Picea glauca 'Blue Wonder') doesn't get lost in a sea of green landscape plants. Its stunning gray-blue foliage offers a shimmery contrast to monotone landscape palettes. Extremely cold-tolerant, Blue Wonder Spruce is also a dwarf evergreen that grows to only 6 feet tall. It delightfully graces small yards by bringing large-scale beauty to small-scale landscapes!
Its outstanding foliage color is easily Blue Wonder Spruce's biggest appeal. But this tree's merits don't stop there. Adding to its value are more benefits, such as:
• Color retention. There are other dwarf spruce trees, which are bred to have foliage colors other than green. Over time, however, most of these cultivars revert to a green color. Blue Wonder Spruce does not have a tendency to revert to green foliage like these other cultivars. It has superior color retention over time.
• No pruning needed. It grows naturally into a dense, conical shape so you won't have to prune it to keep it looking shapely!
• Deer resistance. For all its visual appeal, Blue Wonder Spruce is not a favorite of deer, which helps it maintain a beautiful appearance.
Blue Wonder Spruce is truly a landscape designer's dream because of its versatility! It lends an elegant touch to a formal garden, paired with statuary or as a standalone focal point. Welcoming guests to your home, it contrasts beautifully with other plants as an off-center specimen and it gives a symmetrical look when planted on both sides of an entryway. It is also a striking container plant, whether you use it individually or in a mixed grouping. And since evergreen trees are associated with winter holiday celebrations, plant a Blue Wonder Spruce in your front yard, string lights in its boughs, and decorate it as a living Christmas tree!
So Simple to Grow
Just a few simple care tips will keep your Blue Wonder Spruce in tip-top shape year-round:
• Sun. Plant Blue Wonder Spruce on a site that receives full to partial sun but not heavy shade.
• Soil. The roots don't like soggy soil, so make sure the soil on its planting site drains freely.
• Water. Keep your tree well-watered during the first year after you plant it, which will encourage a strong, healthy root system. In subsequent years, you'll only have to water it if natural rainfall doesn't equal 1 inch per week.
• Fertilizer. When you see new growth in springtime, apply a general-purpose fertilizer and follow label directions.
• Pruning. You'll only have to trim dead or broken branches to keep Blue Wonder Spruce looking its best. A few snips here and there around the holidays yield lovely cuttings to tuck into festive arrangements for decorating your home!
Blue Wonder Spruce (Picea glauca 'Blue Wonder') doesn't get lost in a sea of green landscape plants. Its stunning gray-blue foliage offers a shimmery contrast to monotone landscape palettes.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|$0 - $14.99||$11.99|
|$15 - $23.99||$13.99|
|$24 - $39.99||$16.99|
|$40 - $79.99||$19.99|
|$80 - $98.99||$24.99|
|$99+||FREE (enter code: FREESHIP at checkout)|