* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors
This plant is perfect for your area!
- Mature Height: 8-10 ft.
- Mature Width: 6-8 ft.
- Sunlight: Full to Partial Sun
- Blooms: Spring
- Spacing: 8-10 ft.
- Growth Rate: up to 2 ft.
- Botanical Name: Musa acuminata
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Get Fresh Bananas Anywhere in the Country
The cold-hardy Dwarf Cavendish Banana Tree gives you plenty of tropical fruit, anywhere in the country. If you live in a colder climate, simply pot up your tree as a patio plant for tons of bananas - once the temperatures dip, bring your potted Cavendish indoors and place near a sunny window.
It's like having a piece of the tropics in any climate. Plus, because a mature tree reaches a maximum height of only 10 feet, you get versatility...and proven performance since these trees can provide up to 90 bananas per year.
Even better? They're easy to grow! In addition to its manageable size and adaptability in any environment, our Dwarf Cavendish is pest and disease resistant, too. That means you get ease and tons of fresh fruit, right from home. But the best part is we've planted and meticulously grown each of our Cavendish Trees at our nursery, months in advance, so that you get a healthy root system and more developed branching.
You won't get the same benefit at other nurseries or big box stores. So, this is one of our most popular tropical plants for a reason. And with our larger sizes, you could get bananas the very first year instead of waiting multiple seasons. Get your Dwarf Cavendish for hassle-free, delectable harvests today.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Place your Banana in a sunny location, ideally with Southern or Western exposure, so that it can receive as much afternoon sunlight as possible. If you're growing your plant indoors, place next to a large, bright window with the same exposure.
Once you're ready to plant, dig a hole large enough to accommodate your Cavendish's root system, place your plant, gently backfill the soil and tamp down to avoid air pockets.
If you're planting in a container, select a pot that's about twice the width of your shipped container, use organic soil mix and place your tree. Ensure that your pot has drainage holes.
2. Watering: We recommend watering about two or three times weekly, or more often in dry conditions. If you're not sure when to water, simply check the surrounding soil about 2 or 3 inches down...if the soil is dry, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Use compost, well-composted manure or other organic fertilizers. Spent banana leaves and cuttings can also be used as mulch to help return potassium to the soil.
4. Pruning: When your bananas begin to sprout, cut off the main flower - this will encourage larger banana growth!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|