* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 3-8 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 60-75 ft.
- Mature Width: 45-50 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Spacing: 15-20 ft.
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Botanical Name: Quercus rubra
- Does Not Ship To: AZ, CA, FL, OR, WI
Easygoing Shade That’s Reliable
Get long-lasting, incredibly hardy and easy-growing shade with our Northern Red Oak Tree, famous for its color and carefree adaptability. From open pastures to city sidewalks, the Northern Red Oak thrives.
Because it grows in even the worst conditions, your climate or living area is no problem. That means the Northern Red performs well, despite poor soil, compact space, wet sand or urban air. Simply plant it and watch it grow – its adaptability means it will grow rapidly without a lot of attention.
You'll get a tree that grows effortlessly. The Northern Red Oak grows more than 2 feet every year and lives for centuries. And it’s especially strong since we plant and nurture it before shipping, months ahead of time. That means a well-developed, healthy root system for you and easy acclimation in your landscape.
Bring some life to your landscape with a long-lasting tree. And reap the rewards of hardy durability, enduring life and more. Order your own Northern Red Oak Tree today!
Planting & Care
2. Watering: When your tree is young, water it weekly for best results. However, rainfall may be adequate if you receive enough. And after a couple of years, you only need to water the Northern Oak during very dry spells. But if you’re not sure when to water, check the surrounding soil, about 2 or 3 inches down – if it’s dry, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: After the first year, add a balanced fertilizer to the soil and repeat the process each spring. Be sure to follow the label instructions carefully. However, after your Northern Red is a few years old, there’s no need to fertilize.
4. Pruning: Remove any dead or drooping branches from your Northern Red for best results.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|