* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 7-9 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 2-3 ft.
- Mature Width: 4-6 ft.
- Sunlight: Full to Partial Sun
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Botanical Name: Escallonia compacta
- Does Not Ship To: AZ, GA
Crimson-Pink Blooms Meet Compact Cali Growth
You get the beauty of versatility in an evergreen shrub, made for California. The Dwarf Escallonia is one-of-a-kind – from its neat, compact mounded growth of shiny evergreen foliage to its showy, richly-hued clusters of trumpet-shaped blooms in pink.
And it’s made to truly flourish in the Golden State. Whether you use the Escallonia as a low border hedge, edging alongside driveways, groundcover or even as a container specimen, it leaves an eye-catching impression. It’s easy to plant and grow, especially since it’s drought tolerant once established, so it fits right into your California landscape.
Planted, monitored and shipped with best results in mind, the Dwarf Escallonia is a proven performer. Our expert horticulturists and plant specialists have hand-selected this must-have Escallonia for your desert garden, and now it thrives in arid, dry and hot conditions effortlessly.
So, you’ll have healthy, happy results from our Dwarf Escallonia, no matter where it’s planted. Elevate your garden, and get your own Dwarf Escallonia Shrub today!
Planting & Care
When you’re ready to plant your Escallonia, dig a hole that’s about two times the size of your plant’s root ball, place the tree in the hole, back fill the soil and water to settle the roots. If you’re container planting your Escallonia, simply select a container that’s twice the size of the tree’s root ball and follow in-ground instructions from there. Also, the container you select should have drainage holes.
2. Watering: Once it’s established, your Dwarf Escallonia is drought tolerant, but it’s important to have a regular watering schedule for the first few growing seasons. Water your Escallonia about once weekly or more often in extreme heat and check the surrounding soil about 3 inches down for dryness.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your plant with a general-purpose fertilizer in early spring, before new growth begins.
4. Pruning: Prune your Dwarf Escallonia after flowering each year if you want to clip for shaping purposes.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|