Karen Azalea Azalea x 'Karen'
* Images shown are of mature plants
Karen Azalea Azalea x 'Karen'
A Vibrant Pink-Purple Statement Piece
The Karen Azalea adds a beautiful pop of bold color to your spring landscape. It’s a crowd favorite not only for its showy, lavender-pink flowers, but also for its hardy and easy-care nature.
These reliable, resilient evergreen shrubs boast bright green foliage that turns to a brilliant burgundy in the fall, making it a striking addition to gardens all year-round.
To put on the ultimate display, plant the Karen Azalea in groups in garden beds, or create a border or hedge in your landscape. For best results, plant this shrub in partial shade in well-draining, acidic soil, and watch it grow up to four feet high.
The Karen Azalea attracts hummingbirds and butterflies, making it a wonderful addition to zen gardens, cottage landscapes, and other areas needing a touch of relaxation.
Add the breathtaking hues of the Karen Azalea to your home today, and watch it grow!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: These Azaleas do well in full to partial sun (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day), but will need protection from the hot sun in warmer climates. They also prefer acidic soil.
When planting, dig a hole that’s three times as wide and just as deep as the shrub’s root ball. Remove the plant from the container and loosen the roots with your fingers. Be sure it has adequate, well-drained soil but isn't soggy. Water once you’re done planting, and mulch the area to help conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Water your Azalea two-three times weekly during the first growing season. During the hotter months, they will need watering every other day, depending on the climate. Once plants are established, they will need less frequent watering.
3. Fertilizing: In early spring, fertilize your Azalea shrub with a slow-release fertilizer specific to Azaleas. Follow label instructions, as the application will vary by manufacturer.
4. Pruning: These shrubs need very little pruning. If you need to prune the plant for shaping, prune after the plant has finished its spring flowering. Then, once the plant is well-established, stimulate growth and blooming with light annual pruning.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $100||$24.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors
- Mature Height: 2-4 ft.
- Mature Width: 3-5 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Sun
- Spacing: 3-5 ft.
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Customer Reviews & Photos
Want extra protection for your plants? We've got you covered. Our cost-effective One Year Warranty guarantees your plants for a full year.
If a plant gets damaged - from weather, human error or anything else - just send in a picture, and you'll get store credit to replace your plant!
Get peace of mind for your new plants. Purchase a One Year Warranty today!
Because this tree is grown in a burlap bag, its roots grow into the cloth, rather than circling around the pot. This brings moisture and nutrients into the tree, for faster, healthier growth and ease. Simply dig your hole, place the Drop 'N Grow™ bag in the center (burlap included), then use excess dirt to fill the hole. That's it!