Growing Zones: 6-11 outdoors(hardy down to 0℉) 6-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 2-4 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 2-4 ft.
- Full Sun
- 3-5 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- 1-2 ft.
- Botanical Name:
- Lagerstroemia x
- Does Not Ship To:
Unusual Lavender-Purple Flowers on a Dwarf Crape Myrtle
Tall, fast-growing crape myrtles can overshadow a small yard or garden unless they're continually pruned, but a new generation of these exquisite flowering plants has been specifically bred as dwarf shrubs. The Infinitini Dwarf Orchid Crape Myrtle is one in a series of crape myrtles that grows only 2 to 4 feet tall with an equal width, which is perfect for the smaller urban garden! The smaller size of these plants does not compromise its flowering potential -- shrubs are covered with a profusion of flowers over a long growing season!
• Lavender-purple flowers. Infinitini Dwarf Orchid Crape Myrtle flowers are not named for their resemblance to the shape of orchid flowers, but for the hard-to-find orchid color of their blossoms -- a rich shade of lavender-purple.
• Neat and tidy shrub. Plants have a compact growth habit, which means they don't become straggly or spindly. Although you may never have to prune these shrubs, if you want to shape them, they readily respond to a late-spring trimming.
• Xeriscape plant. Water-efficient use in the landscape depends, in part, on choosing drought-tolerant (or xeriscape) plants. The Infinitini Dwarf Orchid Crape Myrtle needs plenty of water after you plant it, but it will sail through short periods of drought once it's established.
Paint your Garden with Color
Billowing at the corners of your house, or mounded in front of evergreen shrubs at your home's foundation, Infinitini Dwarf Orchid Crape Myrtle shrubs add colorful brush strokes to your landscape design. Add other annual or perennial plants in complementary colors for a rich palette that brings your front entrance to life. If you've never considered growing a flowering perennial shrub in a large container, Infinitini Dwarf Orchid Crape Myrtle is a stunner. Remember that potted plants dry out quicker during hot summers, so be sure to keep your container plants watered well.
1-2-3 Easy Care
1. Find a sunny spot in your garden (or where you plant Infinitini Dwarf Orchid Crape Myrtle in a patio pot) with at least 6 hours of sun daily.
2. If natural rainfall falls short of 1 inch per week, water your plants deeply, until the roots are thoroughly moistened.
3. When you see new growth beginning in spring, follow the label directions on a slow-release fertilizer that's formulated for flowering landscape plants.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|$0 - $9.99||$7.99|
|$10 - $19.99||$9.99|
|$20 - $29.99||$16.99|
|$30 - $39.99||$19.99|
|$40 - $59.99||$22.99|
|$60 - $79.99||$24.99|
|$80 - $99.99||$27.99|
|$100 - $124.99||$29.99|
|$125 and Above||Free Shipping!|
When will I receive my plants?
|Zones 3 & 4 ship the week of April 29th, 2019|
|Zone 5 ships the week of April 14th, 2019|
|Zone 6 ships the week of April 7th, 2019|