Live Oak Tree Quercus virginiana
* Images shown are of mature plants
Live Oak Tree Quercus virginiana
A Timeless Tree That Thrives for Generations
The majestic Live Oak is an awe-inspiring spectacle of size and beauty. Easily scaling to heights of 80 feet and widths of 100 feet, the Live Oak Tree is known for its moss-draped branches that sway in the breeze, creating a peaceful display along the banks of streams and rivers and rich, coastal soil.
Beyond its timeless elegance and sheer scale, the Live Oak’s sturdy, heavy wood naturally holds up against strong winds and coastal storms. With evergreen foliage that remains year-round, even through sweltering summers and harsh winters, the Live Oak is a tree that lasts throughout many seasons and generations.
Because of its broad shade canopy, it can even keep your A/C costs down in the summer by naturally cooling your space - a beautiful and effective tree specimen!
Grab your Live Oak Tree today and plant a living legacy that will be enjoyed by generations to come!
NOTE: This product is specific to Arizona. Find Live Oak Trees available in other states.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Don't plant your Oak too close to structures, streets, or sidewalks, and ensure you select an area with well-drained soil and enough sunlight per day.
Dig your hole and make it twice as wide as the diameter and as deep as the depth of the root ball. Keep the tree straight as you backfill the soil, gently tamping down the soil with your shovel until it's firm. Water the planting area thoroughly, allowing the water to really soak into the ground. Spread a 2 to 3 inch layer of mulch around the tree.
2. Watering: Over-watering is a common tree care mistake. A damp soil that dries for a short period will allow adequate oxygen to permeate the soil. As a rule of thumb, your soil should be kept moist. Usually 30 seconds with a steady stream of water from a garden hose once a week in the cooler seasons is sufficient. In warmer climates, you may need to water 2 to 3 times weekly. Cease watering during the winter.
3. Fertilizing: Oak Trees experience a quick spurt of growth in the spring, followed by slower spurts of growth throughout the summer and fall seasons. Apply your fertilizer in the early spring before this initial spring growth spurt starts. The best fertilizers for Oaks are those with a nutrient ratio of 12-6-6 or 12-4-8. While a healthy Live Oak doesn't technically require fertilization, occasional feeding can help boost tree growth and acorn production.
4. Pruning: Pruning your tree during the winter months will allow it to care for its wounds in spring, when it will recover more quickly. At first, limit trimming to only dead or broken branches on newly planted trees. Two to three years after planting, you can begin developmental trimming to shape the tree.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $100||$24.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Growing Zones: 7-10 outdoors
- Mature Height: 40-80 ft.
- Mature Width: 60-100 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Sun
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Does Not Ship To: CA, FL, LA, OR
Customer Reviews & Photos
Want extra protection for your plants? We've got you covered. Our cost-effective One Year Warranty guarantees your plants for a full year.
If a plant gets damaged - from weather, human error or anything else - just send in a picture, and you'll get store credit to replace your plant!
Get peace of mind for your new plants. Purchase a One Year Warranty today!
Because this tree is grown in a burlap bag, its roots grow into the cloth, rather than circling around the pot. This brings moisture and nutrients into the tree, for faster, healthier growth and ease. Simply dig your hole, place the Drop 'N Grow™ bag in the center (burlap included), then use excess dirt to fill the hole. That's it!