* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: Indoors
This plant is perfect for your area!
- Mature Height: 1-5 ft
- Mature Width: 1-3 ft.
- Sunlight: Partial Sun
- Spacing: 3-5 ft.
- Botanical Name: Calathea lancifolia
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Easy-to-Grow House Plant for Instant Texture
With spotted leaves, richly-hued variegation and purple pops of color underneath, the Rattlesnake Plant is made unique by its one-of-a-kind features. Plus, it boasts a strappy texture on each leaf for a dimensional look and extra depth. But the best part is you can grow it anywhere in the country since it lives indoors.
And its indoor growth means easy maintenance. Not only does it thrive in any area, but it’s also hassle-free since it’s particularly resistant to leaf browning and boasts hardy, strong foliage. All your Rattlesnake Plant needs is moist soil and shade to thrive – it’s that simple.
But our Rattlesnake Plant in particular is second to none because we’ve planted, monitored and shipped it with care. We’ve put in the extra work to nurture your plant so that it’s ready to thrive, even long before it arrives to your door.
That extra work means that you’ll reap the rewards in your homescape with your very own Rattlesnake Plant. See what all the hype’s about with our unique yet hassle-free Rattlesnake Plant!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Start by choosing a location for your Rattlesnake Plant. An East, West or North-facing window is ideal since it thrives in partial sun to partial shade. When you’re ready to plant, choose a container that’s approximately two times the width of your Rattlesnake Plant’s shipped container for planting, back fill your soil and water to settle the roots.
2. Watering: The Rattlesnake Plant loves humidity and moist soil, but it will tolerate drier air without issue. However, it’s easy to provide a humid environment by placing your plant in a bathroom, kitchen or near a humidifier. Either way, ensure that you regularly mist your plant so that its soil remains moist. If you’re not sure when to mist, just check the soil down to around 2 inches. If the soil is dry, it’s time to mist.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Rattlesnake Plant once a month during the growing season (from spring to fall). Use a diluted solution of low-balanced fertilizer.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|