Call to Order! (800) 399-9514
9AM - 7PM ET M-F | 9AM - 5PM ET Sat | 12PM - 6PM ET Sun
This plant may not thrive in your area
Get two different types of juicy plums from just one tree with our 2-in-1 Plum Surprise. With this amazing tree, you won’t need a lot of yard space and you won't need a green thumb to have a large harvest year after year. Plus, you won’t know the two types of plums that were grafted onto your tree until it produces fruit!
And you can bite into your own home-grown plums the very first season. Because your 2-in-1 Plum Tree is hand-grafted, you get a mature harvest despite the fact that there's virtually no upkeep. Grafting means the top of a mature tree is spliced onto the rootstock of a young new tree.
Even better? You enjoy a longer harvest period with no guesswork and no hassle. Hand grafting takes a considerable amount of time and effort on our end, but you reap the rewards. Due to our tried-and-true process, you won’t wait up to five years for your tree to bear fruit, and you won't be limited to just a few weeks to harvest.
Looking for a mouth-watering fruit tree that requires little care? Look no further than this hardy, easy-growing option. Get your 2-in-1 Plum Surprise Tree now!
2-in-1 Plum Surprise Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional 2-in-1 Plum Surprise Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
1. Planting: Plant your Plum Tree in a location with full sun exposure (6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily) and well-drained soil.
Dig your hole three times as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place your tree, backfill the soil, and tamp down to eliminate air pockets. Once the hole has been completely filled, add a layer of organic mulch around the tree to help conserve water.
2. Watering: Water your tree twice a week for the first growing season to help promote growth. Deep watering encourages the roots to extend more deeply into the soil, which in turn makes the tree more drought resistant.
If you're not sure when to water, simply check the surrounding soil about 3 inches down for dryness.
3. Fertilizing: Young trees that are three years or younger will benefit from about a half cup of balanced 10-10-10 fertilizer formula applied once in around mid-April and again in early June. More established plum trees will require one annual application of the same balanced formula mid-April.
4. Pruning: Give your tree a full year to get situated in its new home before attempting to prune. Young plum trees are typically pruned in the late winter to early spring seasons before buds begin to break. More established plum trees will benefit from a midsummer pruning.
5. Harvesting: The best-tasting plums are left on the tree to fully ripen before picking. Apply gentle pressure with your fingers to determine ripeness. They should easily come off of the tree when ripened using a slight twist.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.