Cara Cara Navel Orange Tree Citrus x sinensis
* Images shown are of mature plants
Cara Cara Navel Orange Tree Citrus x sinensis
The Sweetest Orange You'll Ever Grow!
This low acidity orange is hard to beat! The Cara Cara Navel Orange Tree will give you the sweetest fruit you've ever eaten!
Not only is this orange variety easier to grow, it's also seedless! As a crossbreed between two types of navel oranges, it contains the best qualities of both, rolled into one delicious package. Once you take your first bite of your own homegrown Cara Cara, you'll wish you had planted more than one!
Cara Cara Navel Orange Trees don't require the as intensive maintenance as some other orange varieties. Without much effort, you'll still get lots of fruit when the time comes! And when the Cara Cara's flowers bloom in early spring, they'll deliver a gorgeous display of white blossoms to your yard or patio. Plus, they'll provide a sweet fragrance to enjoy as you wait for the fruit to appear.
Although their mature, in-ground height may reach 20 feet, they'll stay much smaller if placed in a container. Whether planted in the yard or potted on the patio, the Cara Cara Navel Orange Tree will bring sweet charm to your Georgia home.
Grow the sweetest oranges on your street with the Cara Cara Navel Orange Tree. Order yours today!
NOTE: This product is specific to Georgia. Find Cara Cara Orange Trees available in other states.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location where your tree is going to get plenty of sunlight, 6 to 8 hours per day is best. They can tolerate some shade, but thrive in full sun. Potted plants do enjoy a daily misting for humidity but placing a tray with rocks filled with water under the plant will feed humidity to the tree as the water evaporates.
If your winter temperatures are consistently below 40 degrees, plant your tree in a container that can easily be brought outside in the summer months and inside in the winter. Choose a pot slightly larger than what it was shipped in that has plenty of holes in the bottom to allow for drainage. Be sure to plant in well-draining potting soil.
Immediately after planting, give your tree a deep watering until it flows from the holes in the bottom of the pot. Place your tree in an area of your home, preferably a South-facing window, where it is going to get plenty of sunlight.
2. Watering: After watering (usually once or twice weekly), allow the top 2 to 3 inches of the soil to dry out completely before watering again. Mulching can help retain the soil moisture and also combat competing grasses/weeds.
For potted Cara Cara Oranges, stick your index finger into the soil down to about 2 inches. If there is moisture present, hold off on watering until it feels drier at that depth. When you do water, stop once you see it escaping the drainage holes at the base of the pot.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Cara Cara Orange Tree during the warmer spring and summer seasons with a citrus-specific fertilizer, like the one included in our Citrus Care Kit, generally once every six weeks. During the fall and winter season, ease back to fertilizing once every 2 to 3 months. Make sure to follow the application instructions written on the fertilizer bag.
4. Pruning: After the tree fruits, remove any dead wood and ventilate the center of the tree. Remove suckers as they form/grow from the base as they will steal away nutrients from the primary trunk of the tree. Pruning can be done at any time of the year for the potted Cara Cara Orange.
5. Pollination: Our Caras Caras are self-fertile, but for indoor trees, you can hand pollinate. Simply take a small, dry, fine-tipped paintbrush and stick it into the center of each Cara Cara bloom. Swirl it around and collect the pollen on the brush. Go to the next bloom and repeat the process until every bloom has been treated. Do this once daily and don’t wash the paintbrush until after the blooms have been pollinated.
Cara Cara Navel Orange Tree Pollination
Cara Cara Navel Orange Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Cara Cara Navel Orange Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $100||$24.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors
- Mature Height: 8-12 ft.
- Mature Width: 8-12 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Blooms: March - April
- Spacing: 10 ft.
- Growth Rate: up to 2 ft.
- Does Not Ship To: AZ, CA, FL, HI, LA, TX
Customer Reviews & Photos
Want extra protection for your plants? We've got you covered. Our cost-effective One Year Warranty guarantees your plants for a full year.
If a plant gets damaged - from weather, human error or anything else - just send in a picture, and you'll get store credit to replace your plant!
Get peace of mind for your new plants. Purchase a One Year Warranty today!
Because this tree is grown in a burlap bag, its roots grow into the cloth, rather than circling around the pot. This brings moisture and nutrients into the tree, for faster, healthier growth and ease. Simply dig your hole, place the Drop 'N Grow™ bag in the center (burlap included), then use excess dirt to fill the hole. That's it!