* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 3-6 ft.
- Mature Width: 2-4 ft.
- Sunlight: Full to Partial Sun
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Botanical Name: Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Nana Gracilis'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Dense Green Foliage on a Tidy Form
With a sleek, tidy growth habit and full green foliage, the Dwarf Hinoki Cypress is a well-groomed tree that's perfect for smaller spaces. Because it grows in a clean form without pruning, it's ideal for planting almost anywhere - from foundations to borders or even containers next to your entryway.
No matter where it's planted, it adapts effortlessly. It thrives in nearly any soil type and since it’s slow-growing, it's ideal for growing in a pot on your porch or for long-term planter use. And best of all, it keeps its rich green color year-round without hassle. Plus, because it doesn't have any serious pest or disease problems, you won't have to use harsh chemicals or sprays to keep it growing.
So, the Dwarf Hinoki is a unique, versatile tree that thrives. But its top benefit? We’ve hand-selected this Dwarf Hinoki for best results. Now, your Hinoki arrives at your door with a healthy root system and a head start on a long, lush life since it's been planted, grown, and shipped with care. And because it's grafted, it grows fuss-free.
From topiaries flanking your front door to borders along your driveway, the Dwarf Hinoki Cypress makes a polished statement – get your own Dwarf Hinoki Cypress Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, select a location for your Hinoki Cypress with well-drained soil and full to partial sun – any area with 4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day is ideal.
Then, dig a hole that’s about one and a half to two times the size of your plant’s root ball, place the Cypress in the hole, backfill the soil and water to settle the roots.
If you're planting in a pot, ensure that the pot is about twice as large as your tree's shipped container. Also, make sure it has drainage holes. Use organic planting mix, place your tree and then move your tree to a sunny location on your porch or patio.
2. Watering: Your Cypress is moderately drought tolerant once it’s established, but it’s important to have a regular watering schedule. Water about once weekly or check the surrounding soil – if the surrounding soil is dry about 2 or 3 inches down, it’s time to water. If it's planted in a container, give your Cypress a drink until water drains from the bottom of the pot.
3. Fertilizing: Generally, the Hinoki won't need fertilizing, but if you'd like, you can apply a well-balanced, general-purpose fertilizer in early spring, before new growth begins.
4. Pruning: Your Hinoki will grow into its signature pyramidal form without pruning, but we recommend removing dead or dying branches to encourage healthy growth.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|