Call to Order! (800) 399-95149AM-6PM ET M-F. 9:30AM-6PM ET Sat & Sun.
This plant may not thrive in your area
The intoxicating fragrance of gardenia blossoms is often short-lived because most cultivars flower only in summer. And once the blooms fade, you have to wait an entire year to savor their tantalizing scent again. But Four Seasons Gardenia (Gardenia jasminoides 'Four Seasons') is a rare exception. Double, white flowers make their appearance throughout all four seasons of the year on this everblooming gardenia, perpetually perfuming your garden.
Looks Beautiful Year-Round
1. Sight and scent. A sensory delight, Four Seasons Gardenia infuses the air with the unmistakable scent that is unique to gardenias. The sight of its creamy-white gardenia blossoms evokes feelings of serenity to help you unwind after a long day.
2. Evergreen. Lustrous leaves of glossy green densely cover plants, which keep their foliage year-round.
3. Shade-tolerant. Four Seasons Gardenia grows in sunny locations, but it also tolerates partial shade.
Handles the Heat
Four Seasons Gardenia prospers as a perennial shrub in the warm climates of USDA Plant Hardiness Zones 8 through 10. Find a spot for Four Seasons Gardenia in your border garden, where its perfect placement is in the transition zone between sun and shade. Grow Four Seasons Gardenia as a container plant, and place the pots near open windows so you can enjoy its fragrance inside as well as outdoors.
Grows with Minimal Maintenance
After it's established, Four Seasons Gardenia requires little care. Use this checklist to optimize healthy growth:
• Planting tip. Don't plant Four Seasons Gardenia too deeply or the plant may rot. Keep the top of the rootball level with '– or slightly higher than '– the surface of the soil.
• Sun. Four to six hours of sun each day, with afternoon shade, is ideal.
• Soil. Plants respond to rich, well-draining soil that's amended with compost or other organic ingredients.
• Water. Keep the soil slightly moist but never wet or waterlogged.
• Mulch. A 2- to 3-inch layer of mulch will help keep the roots cool and conserve soil moisture.
• Fertilizer. During the growing season, apply a fertilizer formulated for acid-loving plants and follow label directions. Use fish emulsion or blood meal as an organic alternative.
• Pruning. You won't need to prune Four Seasons Gardenia for it to flower each year, but remove flowers as they finish blooming and trim away broken or dead branches.
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, 5 & 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 3rd|
|Zone 5||Week of April 10th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 29th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$119 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Beautiful, colorful, and unique array of shrubs, trees, and plants
We grow and deliver the highest quality products directly to your door
Order online or over the phone with no waiting and no hassles
Join our community and get exclusive offers, care tips and more!