* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 4-5 ft.
- Mature Width: 4-5 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Spacing: 5-6 ft.
- Growth Rate: 1-2 ft. per year
- Botanical Name: Buddleia x 'Miss Molly'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ, OR, WA
Riveting Red Flowers
Miss Molly Butterfly Bush (Buddleia x 'Miss Molly') is a botanical feast for the senses. The richly colored ruby reddish-pink flowers are not only dazzling to the eyes, but these blossoms are also intoxicatingly fragrant. With Miss Molly in your garden, you'll be putting out the welcome mat for the butterflies and hummingbirds that will make a beeline for the flowers. (Deer, however, leave this plant alone.) Like other buddleia cultivars in the "Miss" series, Miss Molly Butterfly Bush is not invasive like some older varieties -- she minds her manners!
Tall but Not Gangly
Miss Molly Butterfly Bush is tall enough for you to enjoy masses of flowers at eye level, but not so tall that it become thin and twiggy. The foliage is dense and tidy, which gives Miss Molly a compact look even though it's a 4- to 5-foot tall shrub. One shrub planted as a single specimen is a real attention-grabber in any sunny garden spot, but several shrubs massed together puts the "good golly" in "Miss Molly!"
Minimal Care for Optimal Enjoyment
Miss Molly Butterfly Bush is easy as 1-2-3 to care for, following these guidelines:
1. Full sun is the key to healthy growth and a profusion of flowers -- at least 6 hours each day and more if possible.
2. Well-draining soil is another must-have. Miss Molly Butterfly Bush shrubs don't respond well to soggy soil.
3. Prune only once each year, in spring when the new growth begins. To rejuvenate shrubs and promote lush flowers, cut it knee-high and you'll be amazed how fast it re-grows and begins blooming for you!
Cut Flowers for your Home
The blooms from Miss Molly Butterfly Bush are exquisite, long-lasting cut flowers for your home. Cut the stems below the flower clusters as long as your vase is tall, and strip the lower leaves that would otherwise be under water. As an arrangement for your foyer or centerpiece for your dining table, Miss Molly Butterfly Bush flowers are a designer's dream!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|