* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 6-9 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 20-30 ft.
- Mature Width: 15-20 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Blooms: Summer
- Spacing: 15 ft.
- Growth Rate: 5 ft.
- Botanical Name: Lagerstroemia indica 'Red Rocket'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
The Fastest Growing Red Crape Myrtle
With the Red Rocket Crape, you get bright red blooms that last for months plus amazingly strong growth. Resisting disease (even mildew), insects and frigid temperatures down to 0 degrees, the Red Rocket Crape Myrtle is unlike any you've seen.
Its rare, true-red blooms are kind of a big deal. These are fast-growing trees that give you amazing red blooms that last for months, from late spring to early fall. Your yard will be dazzled with ruby red clusters of flowers and unique fall foliage, making it an attractive tree all year long.
And though it's fast-growing, it's also compact. Use the Red Rocket Crape Myrtle as a centerpiece in a garden or flower bed, plant several in a row along your driveway, or use it in a mixed border. No matter where you plant, you get vivid color that stands up to heat and freezing weather like a champ. In fact, it's the cold hardiest Red Crape you'll find!
But the best part? It's had the strongest start possible. Your new tree arrives at your door with a well-developed root structure to support its rapid growth - that's because it's planted, grown and monitored with care at our nursery.
Now, you get a healthy, colorful tree unlike other varieties at big-box garden centers.
But don't wait - trees like this sell out quickly. Get your Red Rocket Crape Myrtle Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select an area with well-drained soil and full sun (6 to 8 hours per day) for your Red Rocket Crape Myrtle.
Dig your hole twice as wide and just as deep as your tree’s root ball, place your tree, and backfill the soil. Finally, water to settle the roots and mulch the surrounding area to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Once established, your Red Rocket will only need water in times of little rainfall. For young trees, water weekly or check your surrounding soil. If the soil is dry about 3 inches down, water until it’s moist.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Red Rocket Crape Myrtle in early spring each year with a high-nitrogen fertilizer, such as 20-10-10.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|