Brighter Blooms Nursery Scholarship
At Brighter Blooms Nursery, we value education in its many forms, including academic achievement as well as service outside the classroom. Earning good grades is one goal of education, but applying what is learned to improve the world around us is equally important. Students who have consistently earned good grades and who have also worked on community projects – or who are planning prospective projects – are eligible for a Brighter Blooms Nursery Scholarship.
We’d like to recognize and reward students who not only “think outside the box,” but who also put their thoughts into action by giving back to their communities. From your unique combination of talent, creativity and compassion, you have the chance to impact your community through an innovative service project. This project can help solve a problem, build relationships or showcase the beauty of nature through the plants around us.
As you plan your next community-service project (or describe the contribution you made to your last project), we invite you to apply for the Brighter Blooms Nursery Scholarship.
Who can apply?
• Students who are currently enrolled in a high school (public, private or home school), technical school or college in the United States.
• Students with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (or equivalent score on other grading scales).
• Students with an expressed interest in community service, horticulture, landscape design or related field.
How will people apply?
• Prospective students must submit an essay on this page describing a particular project the applicant has either contributed to, or would like to contribute to or coordinate.
• Examples include service projects like donating time to an animal shelter, landscaping a public building or contributing your efforts to a local charity.
• Projects do not have to be related to the horticulture, landscaping or plant breeding fields.
• Essays could be written from personal experiences on past projects, or you can design a new service project that makes a difference in the lives of others.
• All essays must be the applicant’s original work.
Applicant Submission Requirements
• Two-Page Essay describing your experience of a past service project, or outlining a potentially new service project, as described above
• Letter of recommendation - written by a teacher, principal or employer
• Your photo - to be published on our website if you are selected
• Two scholarships will be awarded per year.
• Deadlines for applicants will be 11:59pm EST on July 20th and December 20th.
• One scholarship will be awarded after the July 20th deadline, and one scholarship will be awarded after the December 20th deadline.
• Scholarship winner will be announced up to 45 days after deadline.
Scholarship Review Process
• Applicants will be reviewed by the thoughtfulness and innovation of their essay’s contents, creativity of their project, and quality of their letter of recommendation.
Questions and Contact Information
• Forward all questions to email@example.com with the email subject “Brighter Blooms Nursery Scholarship”
• Scholarship prize is $1,000 to be applied for school expenses like tuition, fees, books and on-campus room and board.
• All entries must be submitted on this page, the Brighter Blooms Nursery Scholarship Submission Page.
• Submissions must be uploaded in either Microsoft Word document or PDF format.