* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors
This plant is perfect for your area!
- Mature Height: 6 ft. Indoors 8-12 ft. Patio 15-20 ft. Outdoors
- Mature Width: 5-10 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun, Partial Sun
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Botanical Name: Veitchia merrillii
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
The Perfect Palm For Container Growing
Multi-trunk Christmas Palms planted in your landscape deliver unmatched tropical flair...now, no matter where you live, you can walk out the door to find paradise.
Whether you plant your Christmas Palm in a container and bring it inside, or place it on the porch or patio, it makes a vibrant impression with crowns large enough to create relaxing areas of shade. It's ideal for tight, compact spaces, including areas near sidewalks and driveways - unlike other varieties, this is the palm that won’t take over or outgrow the area.
Best of all, Christmas Palms don’t require a lot of attention. The only work for you is picking a perfect spot. Before you know it, you'll have mature, elegant palm trees in your homescape, making a beautiful statement.
Lend a vivid, exotic touch to your garden and get your own Christmas Palm today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select a location that receives a lot of sunlight (4-6+ hours daily) in colder climates but indirect sun in warmer climates. When you're ready to plant, dig your hole 2 to 3 times the width and slightly shallower than the root ball. Hold the tree straight as you begin to backfill the site, tamping down the soil as you go. When finished, apply water to settle the soil and remove any air pockets.
If you plant in a container, select one that is 1 to 2 times larger than the pot your plant arrived in. Choose a location on the patio, backyard, or front/side of the house, providing it will receive full to partial sun.
2. Watering: Stick your finger into the potting soil down to a depth of 2 inches and feel around for any moisture. If the soil is drying out, go ahead and water until you see it escaping the drainage holes and then stop. If there is still moisture present, leave it be until it dries a bit more.
3. Pruning: Palms do not need much pruning except to remove damaged fronds. Be careful not to pull off any dead or damaged fronds - always remove any damaged fronds by pruning them off with a sharp pair of sterilized pruners.
4. Fertilizing: You can apply palm fertilizers that contain specific nutrients best suited for these varieties. If you prefer, you can use a balanced fertilizer such as an 8-8-8 formula for quicker growth in spring and summer.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|