* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: Indoors
This plant is perfect for your area!
- Mature Height: Monstera - 3 ft.; Benjamina Ficus - 3-5 ft.
- Mature Width: Monstera - 4-6 ft.; Benjamina Ficus - 8-10 ft.
- Sunlight: Bright Indirect Light
- Botanical Name: Monstera deliciosa; Ficus benjamina
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Everything You Need to Get Started with House Plants!
Want to get started with house plants but not sure where to begin? Our All-in-One House Plant Starter Kit is the perfect choice!
You'll get two popular house plants - the Monstera Deliciosa and the Braided Benjamina Ficus - in a single kit, plus everything you need to plant and grow your new plants:
- 1 Monstera Deliciosa (3 gallon)
- 1 Braided Benjamina Ficus Tree (2-3 ft. tall)
- 2 white Delilah pots
- 4 bags of organic potting mix
- 1 watering can
The Monstera Deliciosa, or Swiss Cheese Plant, is a lush, tropical grower beloved for its large, perforated leaves. The Benjamina Fig, or Weeping Fig, is a tall-growing floor plant that will add both color and height to your indoor spaces. And when you get both of these beautiful house plants together, you'll get an even bigger impact!
The best part? This starter kit comes with everything you need to keep your plants happy and healthy, on day one. Just place them in the white Delilah pots with our organic potting mix, and water regularly!
And when you order house plants from BrighterBlooms.com, you can feel confident that you're getting the best plants - strong, healthy and ready to thrive in your home. We grow and nurture each plant with care before it ships to you, so you're set up for growing success - regardless of your plant expertise!
Don't wait to get started with your house plant collection. Order your All-in-One House Plant Starter Kit today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Your Monstera and Benjamina Ficus will both grow best in a bright spot with high humidity and moist, well-drained soil. Avoid direct sunlight, which can burn leaves, and shady spots. The best place for both plants is near a South-facing window.
2. Watering: We recommend watering your Swiss Cheese Plant and your Benjamina Ficus once a week – water when the soil is dry at about 2 inches deep, and water until you see it flow from the drainage holes. You can mist the leaves every few days for added humidity.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Monstera Plant with a water-soluble fertilizer once in the spring and every month in the summer. The Benjamina Ficus is a fast grower - feed once a month in spring and summer, and once every two months in fall and winter.
4. Pruning: Your Monstera will need little pruning, other than to remove dead or damaged leaves and branches. You can prune your Benjamina Ficus to control its size and shape. Cutters that are designed for close/fine trimming of narrow stems are best. Sterilize your tool(s) with rubbing alcohol to ensure nice, clean cuts.
Find a node where the leaf (or twig) joins the branch and cut at a downward angle just before a node. Make your cut close to the node but without actually cutting into it. Leave one node for newer growth to come out on the branch. When removing an entire branch, cut it back to the trunk and be sure not to leave any nodes.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|