* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 6-10 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 10-12 ft.
- Mature Width: 6-8 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Botanical Name: Lagerstroemia indica 'Lavender Lace'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Lavender Flowers with a Stunning Contrast
There's nothing like the combination of delicate pastel flowers and deep foliage to add depth to your landscape - and the Black Diamond Lavender Lace offers a contrast that's second to none. Dark, burgundy-black foliage provides the ideal backdrop for lush clusters of pale, lavender-purple flowers.
If you're looking for long-lasting color, you're in the right place. Lavender Lace blooms consistently from early summer all the way through fall, for months of impressive flowers that add color when other trees have faded in the summer heat. Plus, this stunning tree couldn't be easier to grow - it's drought tolerant, disease resistant and impressively drought-tolerant, for truly hands-off care.
perfect for small flower beds, hedges and patio containers alike. You can plant several in a row for a gorgeous flowering hedge, or use them to line a driveway or sidewalk.
When it comes to Crape Myrtles, you won't find a better, stronger or more consistently colorful one. And when you order your Black Diamond Lavender Lace Crape Myrtle from BrighterBlooms.com, you get a healthy, full tree that's ready to deliver in your landscape on day one.
Fill your garden with the graceful lavender blooms and eye-popping black foliage of this one-of-a-kind variety. Order your Lavender Lace Crape Myrtle today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your tree in an area with well-drained soil and 6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily.
After you have found your planting area, dig your hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Comb your hands over the root ball to free up the roots a bit before planting. Place your tree in the hole and make sure that the root crown (where the root ball meets the trunk of the tree) is level with the soil surface. Backfill the hole and water to settle the tree's roots. Finally, mulch the area around the tree to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Though these trees are drought tolerant once established, you may have to water young trees more often, especially in the summer heat. If you're not sure when to water, however, simply check the surrounding 3 inches of soil for dryness and water when this area is dry.
3. Fertilizing: Apply a light application of a complete, balanced, slow-release fertilizer formula in the early spring and summer seasons.
4. Pruning: For a more graceful tree shape, remove all but 4 to 5 strong trunks and then remove the lateral branches around the lower half of the tree. Remove any damaged or crossing branches during the late winter, as well as any suckers, or low-growing branches.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|