Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 10-15 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 10-15 ft.
- Full to Partial Sun
- 15-20 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- up to 2 ft.
- Botanical Name:
- Cornus 'Cloud 9'
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, FL
A Flurry of Snowy-White Blossoms in Springtime
Overlapping blooms from pure-white, petal-like bracts mimic fluffy clouds in the sky overhead on a beautiful spring day. Cloud 9 Dogwood (Cornus florida 'Cloud 9') really puts on a show that's sure to turn your yard into the envy of your neighbors. Plant this tree where it will be a true focal point in your landscape as a flowering tree that signals spring has arrived!
Multiple Landscape Benefits
1. Colorful flowers and foliage. The "true" flowers are held in the center of the larger and showier bracts, which provide the white color you see in spring. But autumn also holds a color surprise '– scarlet-red fall foliage and cherry-red berries.
2. Lawn-proportionate. Some trees overpower small lawns, but Cloud 9 Dogwood is perfectly proportionate as a lawn tree that reaches a maximum height of 15 feet.
3. Bird- and butterfly-friendly. Butterflies are lured by the spring flowers, and birds eat the berries produced in autumn that persist throughout the winter.
Landscape Design Possibilities
You can grow Cloud 9 Dogwood as a perennial if you live in USDA Plant Hardiness Zones 5 through 9. It's a native plant, which means it's adaptable to a wide range of native soils and climates. As an understory tree, Cloud 9 Dogwood is at home in a mixed-planting of taller trees where it receives filtered sunlight through the branches overhead. If you have a woodland garden, line its pathways with Cloud 9 Dogwood trees for a brilliant spring walk!
Follow these suggestions to maximize your tree's growth and performance:
• Sun. Four hours of sun each day, preferably in the morning, is optimal.
• Soil. Slightly acidic soil, with a pH of 5.5 to 6.5 supports optimal growth. But the soil must drain well, because the roots can rot in soggy soil and trees will die.
• Water. New trees need abundant water to ease transplant shock and keep the roots hydrated. Established trees rely on natural rainfall unless drought or excessively hot summers call for supplemental watering.
• Mulch. Spread 2 to 3 inches of mulch around trees to the drip line to help keep the soil moist. Pull mulch 6 inches away from the trunk.
• Fertilizer. Take a soil sample to your local Extension Service for fertilizer recommendations.
• Pruning. Well-branched and sturdy, Cloud 9 Dogwood trees don't typically need pruning unless it's to remove broken branches.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|$0 - $14.99||$11.99|
|$15 - $23.99||$13.99|
|$24 - $39.99||$16.99|
|$40 - $79.99||$19.99|
|$80 - $98.99||$24.99|
|$99 and Above||Free Shipping with code "FREESHIP"|