* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 50-60 ft.
- Mature Width: 35-45 ft.
- Sunlight: Full to Partial Sun
- Spacing: 40-50 ft.
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Botanical Name: Platanus x acerifolia 'Morton’s Circle'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Stunning Display of Color and Endless Benefits!
Also known as Morton’s Circle, the EXCLAMATION!™ London Planetree is a popular choice for neighborhood planting, beloved by landscapers and homeowners alike for its upright, pyramidal growth habit and multiple displays of color throughout the seasons.
Its green summertime canopy transforms into bright yellow-orange foliage for the autumn season. Even in the winter, the smooth, gray-brown bark of the EXCLAMATION! falls away, providing a glimpse of the white, gray, and green shades below. The marbled colors of the bark and trunk produce a stunning contrast in the winter landscape.
A tidier relative of the classic Sycamore, the EXCLAMATION! London Planetree doesn’t drop seed pods, so you can enjoy its regal presence without the mess. The EXCLAMATION!™ can reach an impressive 50-60 feet in height, and with a growth rate of about 3 feet per year, it quickly establishes itself as a mature shade tree.
The EXCLAMATION! is drought-tolerant, disease-resistant, and cold hardy down to -20 degrees Fahrenheit, so it's easy to take care of. It's also ideal for urban areas because of its excellent tolerance to smog and pollution, helping to purify the air by filtering smoke, toxins, and pollutants.
Don’t wait - the EXCLAMATION! London Planetree is the total package. Grab one today and enjoy all the benefits this superstar has to offer!
Planting & Care:
1. Planting: Start by choosing a place in your yard that gets plenty of sunlight, with well-draining soil. The EXCLAMATION!™ thrives with moisture but needs well-drained soil.
When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's large enough to accommodate the tree's root ball. Place the tree inside and then backfill the soil. Water to settle the roots for best results. Finally, add mulch around the base of the tree for better water retention, but avoid getting too close to the trunk.
2. Watering: During the first few weeks, water your EXCLAMATION!™ once or twice a week for 45 minutes. After that, stick to only watering during dry spells using the same method of deeply watering for 45 minutes or using drip irrigation for 90 minutes.
3.Fertilizing: You don’t need to fertilize your tree, but if you do, add a slow-release formula around the base of the tree.
4. Pruning: You can prune your tree in the winter for shaping. Removing the lower branches will make it easier for shade to flourish in the summer.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|