- Mature Height: 8-12 ft.
- Mature Width: 3-6 ft.
- Sunlight: Full to Partial Sun
- Blooms: Spring
- Spacing: 2-3 ft.
- Botanical Name: Clematis 'Fireworks'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
This plant grows well in growing zones:4-8 outdoors (hardy down to -20℉)
An Explosion of Color in Every Flower!Bold fuchsia stripes against a background of vibrant violet on Fireworks Clematis (Clematis 'Fireworks') create starburst blooms that explode in a riot of color. This vining plant is covered with flowers in late spring to early summer, but don't be surprised if it also rewards you with a second fireworks explosion in late summer. You won't have to get our your magnifying glass or reading glasses to see these flowers, because they can reach up to 8 inches across!
Our Clematis Vines are "Trained"
Clematis vines grow slowly at first, before their growth spurt kicks in. So don't settle for tiny "starter plants" offered in small 4-inch pots, which take several years to grow into a sizeable vine. Our plants come in large 1-gallon pots, and they've already been "trained" to grow on a mini-trellis, which is also included. This helps your plant get off to a stronger start, and it eliminates the guesswork of how to "get it going."
3 Insider Growing Secrets from our Horticulturists
1. Plant in full sun. With at least six hours of sun each day, your Fireworks Clematis will really put on a show for you. But if you live in the sunny South, or other region with extremely hot summers, you can plant it where it receives filtered light in the afternoons.
2. Keep its "feet" cool. Clematis vines grow best when its roots are kept cool - protected from the intense heat of the sun - but not in wet soil. All you have to do is put a couple of inches of mulch around the plant to shade the roots. You can also plant flowers or a groundcover around clematis to shade its roots?…just make sure to plant them carefully so you don't damage your clematis vine's roots.
3. Give it something to climb on. Here's where you can unleash your inner landscape designer!
• Use your mailbox as a support.
• Plant a Fireworks Clematis vine on each side of an arbor or pergola.
• Grow plants on an ornate trellis beside your patio (to help shade you from the sun).
• Or space several Fireworks Clematis plants along a fence, letting the vines cover the fence to form a beautiful living fence that's woven with flowers.
A Little Bonus
Hummingbirds and butterflies cannot resist these flowers! So be sure to plant your Fireworks Clematis where you can enjoy the antics of these delightful winged visitors to your garden.
Customer Reviews & Photos
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|