Key Lime Tree Citrus aurantifolia
* Images shown are of mature plants
Key Lime Tree Citrus aurantifolia
Advanced Trees Produce Citrus Fast
• Branched variety produces tons of limes
• Dwarf size fits anywhere
• Easy to grow indoors or out
• Adapts to different soils and climates
• Pest and disease resistant
Now you can make delicious Key Lime pie from your own home-grown fruit. The Key Lime Citrus Tree is a dwarf version of the Mexican Lime. You don't have to live in the tropics to enjoy having the infamous Bartender's Lime.
These are the most delicious limes for stirring up refreshing cold drinks, or flavoring food and desserts. Get a lifetime supply of fresh Key Limes with your very own tree!
Anyone Can Grow Key Lime Trees, Even in the North
Because this is a dwarf citrus tree, you can grow it in a container. If you live in the north, you'll love its versatility as a summer patio plant while brightening your home for the winter. Fragrant white blooms in winter fill your house with a delicious, sweet scent. The tree is evergreen with lush green foliage, so it will be a handsome addition to any room with a sunny window. When grown in a container, the Key Lime Tree will not get taller than 8 feet.
Small Enough for Tiny Gardens!
Even apartment-dwellers will be able to fit the Key Lime Tree into limited outdoor space. The fruit follows the deliciously fragrant winter blooms in clusters of 6 Key Limes that will be deep green until they ripen. Grown in garden soil, the Key Lime Tree must be protected from frost; it is very tender to cold temperatures. Be sure to give your new lime tree good drainage and quality fertilizer for better fruit production.
Tons of Fruit at a Young Age
Watering young trees should be done 2-3 times a week. Once mature, your Key Lime Tree will only need warm-season watering about once a week. Always be sure to water deeply. The roots must be well saturated if you want a lovely tree that bears a boatload of succulent limes. You won't need to spray scary chemicals on your Key Lime Tree! Enjoy natural goodness all the way through.
Developed Root System Means Tons of Citrus, Now!
The fastest-growing citrus trees have vigorous root systems, making it easy for you to add instant impact to your yard, garden and home. Here at Brighter Blooms, we will only ship out Key Lime Trees that will be pure delight from the moment you open the box. Plant your new lime tree and sit back to watch your fresh homemade, key limes grow.
NOTE: This product is specific to Georgia. Find Key Lime Trees available in other states.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a spot where your tree is going to get plenty of sunlight...6 to 8 hours per day is best. They can tolerate some shade in hotter zones but thrive in full sun. Potted plants do enjoy a daily misting for humidity but placing a tray with rocks filled with water under the plant will feed humidity to the tree as the water evaporates.
Choose a pot slightly larger than what it was shipped in that has plenty of holes in the bottom to allow for drainage. Be sure to plant in well-draining potting soil recommended for acid-loving citrus plants.
Place your tree in an area of your home, preferably a south-facing window, where it is going to get plenty of sunlight. You may also need to create humidity for your tree by placing the pot on a saucer of pebbles or misting the leaves daily with water.
2. Watering: Be sure to give your tree a deep watering so that it can penetrate into the root system (usually once weekly). After watering, allow the top 2 to 3 inches of the soil to dry out completely before watering again.
For potted Key Limes, stick your index finger into the soil down to about 2 inches. If there is moisture present, hold off on watering until it feels drier at that depth. When you do water, stop once you see it escaping the drainage holes at the base of the pot.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Key Lime Tree during the warmer spring and summer seasons with a citrus-specific fertilizer once every six weeks. During the fall and winter season, ease back to fertilizing once every 2 to 3 months. Make sure to follow the application instructions written on the fertilizer bag.
4. Pruning: After the tree fruits, remove any dead wood and ventilate the center of the tree. Remove suckers as they form/grow from the base as they will steal away nutrients from the primary trunk of the tree. Pruning can be done at any time of the year for the potted Key Lime.
5. Pollination: This tree is self-fertile and will produce fruit on its own, but if you want to increase your crop size, hand pollinate. Simply take a small, dry, fine-tipped paintbrush and stick it into the center of each bloom. Swirl it around and collect the pollen on the brush. Go to the next bloom and repeat the process until every bloom has been treated. Do this once daily and don’t wash the paintbrush until the end of the process.
Key Lime Tree Pollination
Key Lime Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Key Lime Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $100||$24.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Growing Zones: 4-11 outdoors
- Mature Height: 6-12 ft.
- Mature Width: 6-8 ft.
- Sunlight: Full to Partial Sun
- Blooms: Spring
- Spacing: 15-20 ft.
- Does Not Ship To: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MP, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
Customer Reviews & Photos
Want extra protection for your plants? We've got you covered. Our cost-effective One Year Warranty guarantees your plants for a full year.
If a plant gets damaged - from weather, human error or anything else - just send in a picture, and you'll get store credit to replace your plant!
Get peace of mind for your new plants. Purchase a One Year Warranty today!
Because this tree is grown in a burlap bag, its roots grow into the cloth, rather than circling around the pot. This brings moisture and nutrients into the tree, for faster, healthier growth and ease. Simply dig your hole, place the Drop 'N Grow™ bag in the center (burlap included), then use excess dirt to fill the hole. That's it!