Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 2-3 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 2-3 ft.
- Full to Partial Sun
- 2-3 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- 2-3 ft.
- Botanical Name:
- Hydrangea macrophylla
- Does Not Ship To:
You'll Kick up your Heels over this Hydrangea
After the first flowers finish blooming on Let's Dance Blue Jangles Hydrangea (Hydrangea macrophylla 'SMHMTAU' LET'S DANCE® BLUE JANGLES®), you'll be left wanting more. And this plant happily obliges, because it's just getting started. As a remontant, or reblooming, plant, Let's Dance Blue Jangles Hydrangea continues to bloom all summer long!
• Blooms even after late-spring frosts. Bred specifically to bloom on "new wood" (current season's growth) as well as "old wood" (last season's stems), Let's Dance Blue Jangles Hydrangea can be nipped by a late-spring frost and still produce flowers later that same summer! This is an improvement over other bigleaf hydrangeas that form flower buds only on older growth.
• Huge flowers on compact shrubs. Let's Dance Blue Jangles Hydrangea produces "mophead" flowers -- huge rounded flower heads -- on mounding plants that reach only 2-3 feet tall and wide. These shrubs stay neat and tidy, with dense foliage and a profusion of flowers.
• Flower color dependent on soil. Let's Dance Blue Jangles Hydrangea may produce blue, pink or purple flowers, depending on the pH of your soil. In acidic soils, you'll enjoy blue flowers, and in alkaline (or basic) soils, the blooms will be pink!
Show Off the Flowers
Plant Let's Dance Blue Jangles Hydrangeas as deciduous, flowering foundation shrubs to give a pop of color staggered in front of evergreen shrubs. Dot Let's Dance Blue Jangles Hydrangeas throughout a perennial flower garden, or use them to outline a bed or border. Use beautiful terracotta pots to feature Let's Dance Blue Jangles Hydrangea as a container plant for your deck, patio or porch.
Bigleaf Hydrangea Care
• Soil. The "hydra-" in hydrangea hints at this plant's affinity for moist soils. But moist doesn't mean soggy; the soil must drain well so the roots don't rot. Apply a 3"-4" layer of mulch around the plants to conserve moisture and protect the roots.
• Sun. Choosing the perfect spot to plant Let's Dance Blue Jangles Hydrangea depends on the climate where you live. Landscape transition zones, which receive half-day sun and half-day shade, are areas to consider when planting hydrangeas. In the hot and sunny South, morning sun and afternoon shade are optimal; conversely, in cooler regions, shady mornings and sunny afternoons are ideal.
• Fertilizer. To improve blooming, fertilize Let's Dance Blue Jangles Hydrangea in spring, after the leaves emerge. Use a fertilizer that's formulated for flowering shrubs, and follow all label recommendations.
• Pruning. You won't have to prune this hydrangea; in fact, it'll grow best and flower more prolifically if you don't prune it. This is great news for gardeners who want easy-care plants that need little maintenance!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|$0 - $14.99||$11.99|
|$15 - $23.99||$13.99|
|$24 - $39.99||$16.99|
|$40 - $79.99||$19.99|
|$80 - $98.99||$24.99|
|$99 +||Free Shipping!|