Loring Peach Tree Prunus persica 'Loring'
* Images shown are of mature plants
Loring Peach Tree Prunus persica 'Loring'
Luscious and Versatile Peach Tree
When you’re searching for both good looks and great taste, the self-fertile Loring Peach Tree combines it all into one dwarf-sized peach variety.
A joy to admire and a treat to indulge in, the Loring Peach provides gorgeous pink blooms in spring, as well as unmatched flavor with bountiful peach harvests in August.
It dazzles with a golden yellow hue and touch of blush red on medium-to-large fruits that are proven to pump up your fruit salads, baked goods, preserves and more.
We love to pluck these peaches straight from the tree to enjoy a refreshing and juicy snack, anytime of the day!
And because this tree is compact, it’ll fit in seamlessly to any area of your landscape, whether you have a small or large space to work with.
If you’ve been longing to craft your own backyard orchard, take this as your sign and order the Loring Peach Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your Loring Peach Tree in well-drained soil and in a full sun area (receiving at least 6-8 hours of sunlight a day). Be sure to protect your tree from heavy winds by planting on the sunniest side of a building or your home.
When you're ready to plant, dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place your tree and cover the roots with soil, watering occasionally as you go along to remove any air pockets that may have formed. Gently pat the soil down until the roots are completely covered. Finally, water the planting site and mulch to help retain moisture in the soil.
2. Watering: Keep the soil around your Loring Peach Tree evenly moist. It's best to water once a week, leaving a hose at the base of the tree at a slow drip for a couple of hours. Once the soil around the tree has dried, water the tree again. During times of extreme heat, your tree may need additional water.
Tip: Yellowing of the leaves is a sign of overwatering, while leaves that are dry and brown can be a sign of underwatering.
3. Fertilization: After your tree has been in the ground for 6 weeks, apply 1 lb. of a balanced fertilizer formula such as 12-12-12. In addition, apply ¾ lb. of fertilizer in the spring before new growth. Repeat this in the summer and fall.
4. Pruning: You’ll need to prune your Loring Peach Tree within the first two years to maintain an open center shape and encourage fruiting. Pruning is best done in late winter or early spring - be sure to get rid of dead or broken branches and any branches that are crisscrossing, too.
5. Pollination: The Loring Peach is self-fertile, so you'll get fruit with just one tree. However, planting multiple peach trees together will increase your yield.
Tip: Once your tree begins to fruit, thin your peaches out. Thinning out your peaches will help to increase your overall production. Peaches on the top and outside of the tree will likely be ready to pick first. They will be fully ripe when there is no green left on the skin and they come off with a slight twist.
Loring Peach Tree Pollination
Loring Peach Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Loring Peach Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $100||$24.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors
- Mature Height: 12-15 ft.
- Mature Width: 12-15 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Blooms: Spring
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Does Not Ship To: AR, AZ, CA, ID, LA, WA
Customer Reviews & Photos
Want extra protection for your plants? We've got you covered. Our cost-effective One Year Warranty guarantees your plants for a full year.
If a plant gets damaged - from weather, human error or anything else - just send in a picture, and you'll get store credit to replace your plant!
Get peace of mind for your new plants. Purchase a One Year Warranty today!
Because this tree is grown in a burlap bag, its roots grow into the cloth, rather than circling around the pot. This brings moisture and nutrients into the tree, for faster, healthier growth and ease. Simply dig your hole, place the Drop 'N Grow™ bag in the center (burlap included), then use excess dirt to fill the hole. That's it!