Growing Zones: 3-11 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉) 3-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 20-40 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 10-20 ft.
- Full Sun
- 6 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- up to 2 ft.
- Botanical Name:
- Bougainvillea 'New River'
- Does Not Ship To:
Brilliant Purple Bougainvillea
New River Bougainvillea vine erupts in a riot of purple color with its stand-up-and-take-notice flair. This plant is a true contender for the attention your garden receives, so don't be surprised when friends and neighbors slow down and stare as they pass your home. If your landscape design preferences lean toward the dramatic, New River Bougainvillea vine should be at the top of your list!
A Visual Stunner
1. Vivid color. Unlike some other purple flowers, the colorful bracts on New River Bougainvillea vine do not fade in the heat or with age. They retain their rich, jewel-like hues over a long bloom season.
2. Fast growth. Plants are vigorous with quick growth that stands up to heat and drought.
3. Hummingbirds and butterflies. The visual appeal of New River Bougainvillea vine is not only because of its richly colored blossoms but also because of the antics of its hummingbird visitors.
A Versatile Vine
New River Bougainvillea is a perennial in USDA Plant Hardiness Zones 10 and 11, where its rapid growth covers pergolas and arbors to provide shady sitting areas underneath these structures. It also covers fencing to create a beautiful living, flowering fence. If you live outside its perennial hardiness range, New River Bougainvillea vine is an outstanding container plant that you can move indoors when the weather turns cold. Planted in pots, urns or hanging baskets, it cascades beautifully over the sides of these containers.
Low Maintenance with Big Rewards
Meet these simple needs of New River Bougainvillea vine, and it will reward you for many years with its stunning floral displays:
• Sun. Full sun '– the more the better '– but at least 6 hours each day.
• Soil. Well-draining and slightly acidic (pH 5.5-6.5) is optimal.
• Water. Even though it has a lush, tropical appearance, New River Bougainvillea vine is drought-tolerant; in fact, mature plants grow best infrequent watering. (Be sure to keep newly transplanted vines well-watered until they become established.)
• Fertilizer. Apply a water-soluble fertilizer once monthly, or scatter slow-release granules around plants once in spring.
• Pruning. These plants respond well to pruning. You can trim any time you want to shape plants, or you can cut them back harder to prompt new growth after they flower. Watch out for thorns when trimming or handling these plants.
• Winter care. If you move container plants indoors for the winter, find a spot that offers as much sun as possible, such as in front of a sunny window or sliding-glass door. Transitioning from a full-sun location outdoors to an indoor location may cause New River Bougainvillea vine to drop its leaves. If it does, water it sparingly throughout the winter before you set it outside the following spring.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|$0 - $9.99||$7.99|
|$10 - $19.99||$9.99|
|$20 - $29.99||$16.99|
|$30 - $39.99||$19.99|
|$40 - $59.99||$22.99|
|$60 - $79.99||$24.99|
|$80 - $99.99||$27.99|
|$100 - $124.99||$29.99|
|$125 and Above||Free Shipping!|
When will I receive my plants?
|Zones 3 & 4 ship the week of April 29th, 2019|
|Zone 5 ships the week of April 14th, 2019|
|Zone 6 ships the week of April 7th, 2019|