* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 9-11 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 20-40 ft., depending on support
- Mature Width: 2-3 ft.
- Sunlight: Full-Partial Sun
- Blooms: Spring-Summer
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Botanical Name: Passiflora edulis 'Possum Purple'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Gorgeous Purple Flowers and Fruit
If you're looking for a striking ornamental and a unique fruit, you're in the right place! The Climbing Passion Fruit Vine is a true show-stopper, with beautiful blooms and sweet, tart fruit.
A fast grower, this Passion Fruit Vine is perfect for climbing fences and trellises, and even creating privacy along a border or patio. Although its glossy green leaves add year-round color, the real show comes from its fragrant purple flowers. Delicate silver-white petals are topped with a ring of feathery fringe, with hues of violet, lavender and white.
And that's not all - when fruit begins to grow in summer, you'll get an abundance of perfectly round fruit that ripens to an eye-catching copper before turning deep purple. With hints of guava, papaya, pineapple, mango and citrus, the Passion Fruit is a celebration of tropical flavor. And there's no harvesting required - your Passion Fruit will be ready to eat when it falls from the vine!
Don't miss out on this one-of-a-kind climbing vine, packed with ornamental appeal and tasty fruit. Get your own Passion Fruit Vine today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location where your Passion Fruit Vine is going to get plenty of sunlight, around 6 to 8 hours per day.
When you're ready to plant, ensure you have well-drained soil and dig a hole twice as wide and just as deep as the root system. Place the plant in the hole and backfill. After planting, be sure to give your Passion Fruit a deep watering for about 5 minutes.
If you're planting in a container, just select a container that's twice the width of your plant's shipped container.
2. Watering: Be sure to give your plant a deep watering so that it can penetrate into the root system. After watering, allow the top 2 to 3 inches of the soil to dry out completely before watering again.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Passion Fruit during the warmer spring and summer seasons with a fruit-specific fertilizer and follow label instructions.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|