Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors
This plant is perfect for your area!
- Mature Height: 30-50 ft.
- Mature Width: 20-30 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Spacing: 30-35 ft.
- Growth Rate: 1-2 ft. per year
- Botanical Name: Manilkara zapota
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Exotic Tree with Sublime Fruits!
If you want the most unique fruit tree in the neighborhood, then look no further than the Sapodilla Tree.
And, this is not the only reason to get this gorgeous tree…
• Beautiful foliage and flowers
• Wind resistant
• Fruits the first year
• Delicious fruit similar to a pear
• Fruits used in numerous recipes
• Low maintenance
Your new Sapodilla tree will reward both the palate and the eye. Glossy green leaves provide a dramatic backdrop for first the pink and red flowers, and then the egg-shaped brown fruit. Plus,the tree’s upright elegant look gives it a pyramid shape at maturity.
Sapodilla Fruit: The Star of the Show
The real appeal of this Yucatan native is its delectable fruits. Many liken it to the taste of a pear dipped in brown sugar. The recipes for this wonderful fruit are endless, from dressing up fruit salads and smoothies to adding an extra zip to ice creams and flans. They also store well in fridges for up to a week as well as a month in the freezer. Best of all, the sapodillas are chock full of nutrition. The antioxidant rich fruit contains Vitamins A and C, and potassium. Think of it as the ultimate guilt free dessert!
Get your recipes ready because a mature Sapodilla tree can yield up to 8 bushels annually! You know it’s time to pick when the skin is brown, and the fruit separates from the stem easily. Keep it at room temperature for a few days until the fruit is firm-soft. Invite friends and neighbors over if you’re not feeling too greedy.
Order your Sapodilla tree today and enjoy the exotic tastes in the comforts of your own backyard!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a spot with well-drained soil and plenty of sunlight for your Sapodilla Tree. Once you've found your location, dig a hole that's about twice as wide as your tree's root ball, place your tree, and backfill the surrounding soil. Finally, mulch and water the surrounding soil to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Water your Sapodilla about once or twice weekly - enough to keep the soil moist at a depth of about 2 inches. If you're not sure when to water your tree, simply check the soil at this depth.
3. Fertilizing: Use a well-balanced fertilizer or fertilizer made for tropical fruit trees in the spring, before new growth begins. Be sure to follow label instructions.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$119 +||FREE SHIPPING!|