Growing Zones: 3-8 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉) 3-8 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- Mature Width:
- Full to Partial Shade
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Hosta 'Patriot'
- Does Not Ship To:
An Award-Winning Hosta to Brighten your Shade Garden
The combination of bright-white edges on deep-green leaves makes Patriot Hosta (Hosta 'Patriot') a shining standout in shady garden spots. This outstanding hosta earned the 1997 Hosta of the Year Award because of its beautiful coloration as well as its resilience to heat. If your shade garden needs a pop of brightness, Patriot Hosta will command attention.
Tougher than it Looks
Patriot Hosta is a resilient plant that stands up to the heat without fading.
1. Contrasting foliage. Teardrop-shaped leaves don't have thin, white margins; the edges have bold, wide bands of pure white.
2. Hummingbird appeal. Lavender-purplish flowers form along tall stems that are held high above the foliage in summer.
3. Heat-tolerant. Even in the shade, the heat can overpower some plants. Patriot Hosta has higher heat-tolerance than many hostas.
So Many Garden Uses
Patriot Hosta is right at home in a shady garden. As a single specimen plant, it's a standout, but in massed plantings it's a true knockout. If you have a border garden, which is in a transition area from a sunny area to shade, Patriot Hosta prospers just inside the shady zone. Along a woodland garden path, Patriot Hosta makes a striking edging plant. Try featuring Patriot Hosta as a container plant for your shaded patio or deck.
Simple Care Tips
• Planting. Place the plant's crown at the soil level '– or slightly above grade '– to keep it from rotting.
• Sun. Morning sun or filtered sun is plenty for Patriot Hosta. Too much sun will scorch the white edges of the leaves for an unsightly appearance.
• Soil. Rich humus or organically amended well-draining soil is best.
• Water. Keep new plants watered regularly so the roots don't dry out. Established plants prosper in evenly moist soil that's not soggy.
• Fertilizer. One light fertilizer application in spring is all your Patriot Hosta needs. Use a slow-release, all-purpose fertilizer and follow label recommendations.
• Pruning. You won't need to spend a lot of time pruning and grooming these plants. Simply remove flower stalks after the flowers fade, and remove dead leaves in fall or winter.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|$0 - $9.99||$7.99|
|$10 - $19.99||$9.99|
|$20 - $29.99||$16.99|
|$30 - $39.99||$19.99|
|$40 - $59.99||$22.99|
|$60 - $79.99||$24.99|
|$80 - $99.99||$27.99|
|$100 - $124.99||$29.99|
|$125 and Above||Free Shipping!|
When will I receive my plants?
|Zones 3 & 4 ship the week of April 29th, 2019|
|Zone 5 ships the week of April 14th, 2019|
|Zone 6 ships the week of April 7th, 2019|