* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 4-6 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 40-70 ft.
- Mature Width: 12-20 ft.
- Sunlight: Full to Partial Sun
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Botanical Name: Pseudotsuga menziesii
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
An American Classic Built to Last
The Douglas Fir is the most popular Fir Tree variety in the country - and for good reason. This gentle giant will become a staple in your yard for generations to come, since it's built to last.
This tree is sturdy, drought-tolerant and cold-hardy down to - 20 degrees Fahrenheit. The Douglas Fir’s delicate, evergreen pine needles are soft and flexible, adapting to a variety of climates. With fragrant foliage cascading down its elegant branches, the Douglas Fir Tree easily steals the show in any space.
The Douglas Fir Tree can reach staggering heights of 40-70 feet at maturity. It is extremely low-maintenance and easy to care for - no pruning, fertilizing or disease maintenance necessary.
The Douglas Fir doesn't have to remain a holiday visitor. Make it a permanent fixture in your landscape year-round by ordering one of these classic, charming trees today. You’ll be leaving a legacy for generations to come!
Planting & Care:
1. Planting: Plant your Douglas Fir in a spot in your yard that gets at least 6 hours of sun each day with well-drained soil. To plant your Douglas Fir, dig a hole in the ground that is two times as large as the root ball. Place the tree in the loose soil and press the soil down until the tree's roots are completely covered.
2. Watering: Water the ground immediately after you plant your tree, but don't over soak it. To establish your young tree, you may need to water it 1 to 4 times each month during the summer. Your tree will need around 20 inches of water per year, so regular rainfall should be sufficient unless there is a period of extreme drought.
3. Pruning: If you do see infested or diseased branches, you can prune them down to the trunk in the fall. Otherwise, no pruning is needed.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|