Money Tree Pachira aquatica
* Images shown are of mature plants
Money Tree Pachira aquatica
A Green Gift that's sure to Please
Although real money disappointingly doesn't grow on trees, the Money Tree (Pachira aquatica) is so-named for its connection to prosperity through an ancient fable. In lieu of a monetary gift from you, send this Money Tree as another type of 'green' gift. As a houseplant, Money Tree is in the category of easy-care, which means that you can send this to those on your gift list who aren't gardening experts.
Braided and Full
Our horticulturists have intertwined multiple plants to form a braided version of this single-trunked tropical tree, which creates a fuller top-worked plant that grows in an intriguing shape. We've secured the trunks; so as the Money Tree grows, it'll hold its shape and you won't have to manipulate it to keep the braided area intact.
Keep it Simple
You won't have to fuss over Money Tree, because it requires minimal maintenance:
• Light. Many places in the average home are suitable for Money Tree because it doesn't need a full-sun location. In fact, if the leaves receive too much direct sun, they can scorch. Money Tree prospers in brightly-lit spots, or areas that receive indirect or filtered sun.
• Water. It's best to keep Money Tree infrequently watered, instead of keeping it consistently moist with frequent dribbles of water. Water it thoroughly until water runs from the drainage holes, and then wait until the soil dries to a depth of 2 inches before watering it again.
• Fertilizer. Use a water-soluble houseplant fertilizer, diluted to half-strength, during the spring and summer, but withhold fertilization during the fall and winter.
• Small pot. As Money Tree grows, you don't have to keep re-potting it in larger containers. It likes a tight fit -- in pots that may look too small, but which allow its roots to fill the soil inside so the plant drains well.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $100||$24.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors
- Mature Height: 6-7 ft.
- Mature Width: 2-3 ft.
- Sunlight: Full to Partial Sun
- Growth Rate: 1-2 ft.
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Customer Reviews & Photos
Want extra protection for your plants? We've got you covered. Our cost-effective One Year Warranty guarantees your plants for a full year.
If a plant gets damaged - from weather, human error or anything else - just send in a picture, and you'll get store credit to replace your plant!
Get peace of mind for your new plants. Purchase a One Year Warranty today!
Because this tree is grown in a burlap bag, its roots grow into the cloth, rather than circling around the pot. This brings moisture and nutrients into the tree, for faster, healthier growth and ease. Simply dig your hole, place the Drop 'N Grow™ bag in the center (burlap included), then use excess dirt to fill the hole. That's it!