* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors
This plant is perfect for your area!
- Mature Height: 3-4 ft. Indoors
- Mature Width: 5 ft. Indoors
- Sunlight: Full Sun, Partial Sun
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Botanical Name: Beaucarnea recurvata
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Carefree, Unique Indoor Palm For Any Space
Also known as the ‘Elephant Foot Palm’ for its shape and texture, the Ponytail Palm gives you lush green foliage plus attractive gray bark that complements its vibrancy.
In the summer months, hundreds of tiny white blooms grace the stalk above the crown. The Ponytail Palm is one-of-a-kind, especially since it only grows to around 3 feet tall indoors.
It's ideal for placing on tables or countertops and in corners, lending an exotic feel to your homescape. And during the warmer months, Ponytail Palms can be placed outdoors to greet guests with unique beauty.
But the best part? We've planted, grown, and shipped your Ponytail Palm with care, right from our nursery. There's no need to visit a big box store to get your favorite plant...now, all you need is just a click away. But don't wait...order your own Ponytail Palm Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Ponytail Palms can tolerate almost any soil type but prefer well-draining areas.
After choosing your location, dig a hole that is three times as big around as the container the palm came in (the root ball) and just as deep. Place the plant in the hole so that the top of the root ball is even with the surrounding soil. Then, backfill, tamp down, and water to settle the roots.
For indoor growth, choose a container that is two times larger than the one the plant initially arrived in. Fill the container part way and place the palm in the container so that the soil is just below the top of the container and fill the remainder of the way. Water until it begins to flow through the bottom drainage holes. Let the soil dry out almost completely - they can go up to two weeks without being watered.
2. Watering: Ponytail Palms are very drought tolerant, whether they are in a container or in the ground. Water them when the soil is almost completely dry.
3. Pruning: Remove any yellow or damaged fronds.
4. Fertilizing: Young trees do not need to be fertilized until after they grow a new spear (about 2 months). After that, they will perform best when fertilized with a slow-release fertilizer, such as a 10-5-10 formula, in the spring and summer.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|