* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 3-9 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 1-2 ft.
- Mature Width: 2-3 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Spacing: 3-4 ft.
- Growth Rate: 1-2 ft.
- Botanical Name: Rosa x
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Spectacular Multi-Color Flowers on a Compact Rose Bush
If you want to add spice to your landscape design, plant Oso Easy® Hot Paprika Roses (Rosa x 'ChewMayTime' Oso Easy® Hot Paprika). This rose shatters the notion that all roses are difficult to grow. Oso Easy Hot Paprika Rose offers continuous blooming and disease-resistance in a no-pruning-required shrub, which is a feat in the rose world!
1. Color-transitioning flowers. Hot, spicy-colored flowers open as orange before changing to coral with a yellow eye. You'll see all these shades at any one time on the shrubs!
2. Long bloom season. As a re-blooming plant, the Oso Easy Hot Paprika Rose is more accurately described as a continuous bloomer. The flowers are produced in succession from summer 'til frost, requiring no pruning to keep the shrubs continually blooming.
3. Disease-resistant. You won't have to spray fungicides to prevent diseases, such as blackspot and powdery mildew, because all the roses in the Oso Easy collection are disease-resistant.
Small with a Strong Design Impact
Oso Easy Hot Paprika Rose grows wider than it is tall -- its mature size reaches only 1 to 2 feet tall with a 2- to 3-foot spread. This makes it a super edging plant for lining your driveway, sidewalk or patio. You can also use it as a "filler" to add splashes of color in a perennial border. Plant Oso Easy Hot Paprika Roses in front of your evergreen foundation shrubs to add a pop of color.
A True Easy-Maintenance Rose
Although "easy-maintenance rose" seems to be a contradictory term, Oso Easy Hot Paprika Rose fulfills the description! Use this checklist for proof of its reputation:
• Sun. Full sun '– at least 6 hours or more daily '– is best for dense foliage and an abundance of flowers.
• Soil. Slightly moist but well-draining keeps the roots healthy and supports plant growth.
• Water. If natural rainfall doesn't keep the soil moist, water plants deeply and thoroughly each week to keep them hydrated.
• Fertilizer. For the most flowers, apply a slow-release fertilizer that's formulated for roses -- once a year in spring.
• Spraying for diseases. Strike this off your to-do list, because Oso Easy Paprika Rose is disease-resistant.
• Pruning. You will not have to prune Oso Easy Hot Paprika Rose (and that includes deadheading). New flowers will continue to grow, replacing the spent blooms for all-season-long color!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|