This plant may not thrive in your area
If you want to add spice to your landscape design, plant Oso Easy® Hot Paprika Roses (Rosa x 'ChewMayTime' Oso Easy® Hot Paprika). This rose shatters the notion that all roses are difficult to grow. Oso Easy Hot Paprika Rose offers continuous blooming and disease-resistance in a no-pruning-required shrub, which is a feat in the rose world!
1. Color-transitioning flowers. Hot, spicy-colored flowers open as orange before changing to coral with a yellow eye. You'll see all these shades at any one time on the shrubs!
2. Long bloom season. As a re-blooming plant, the Oso Easy Hot Paprika Rose is more accurately described as a continuous bloomer. The flowers are produced in succession from summer 'til frost, requiring no pruning to keep the shrubs continually blooming.
3. Disease-resistant. You won't have to spray fungicides to prevent diseases, such as blackspot and powdery mildew, because all the roses in the Oso Easy collection are disease-resistant.
Small with a Strong Design Impact
Oso Easy Hot Paprika Rose grows wider than it is tall -- its mature size reaches only 1 to 2 feet tall with a 2- to 3-foot spread. This makes it a super edging plant for lining your driveway, sidewalk or patio. You can also use it as a "filler" to add splashes of color in a perennial border. Plant Oso Easy Hot Paprika Roses in front of your evergreen foundation shrubs to add a pop of color.
A True Easy-Maintenance Rose
Although "easy-maintenance rose" seems to be a contradictory term, Oso Easy Hot Paprika Rose fulfills the description! Use this checklist for proof of its reputation:
• Sun. Full sun '– at least 6 hours or more daily '– is best for dense foliage and an abundance of flowers.
• Soil. Slightly moist but well-draining keeps the roots healthy and supports plant growth.
• Water. If natural rainfall doesn't keep the soil moist, water plants deeply and thoroughly each week to keep them hydrated.
• Fertilizer. For the most flowers, apply a slow-release fertilizer that's formulated for roses -- once a year in spring.
• Spraying for diseases. Strike this off your to-do list, because Oso Easy Paprika Rose is disease-resistant.
• Pruning. You will not have to prune Oso Easy Hot Paprika Rose (and that includes deadheading). New flowers will continue to grow, replacing the spent blooms for all-season-long color!
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, & 5. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 3rd|
|Zone 5||Week of April 10th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$179 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Beautiful, colorful, and unique array of shrubs, trees, and plants
We grow and deliver the highest quality products directly to your door
Order online or over the phone with no waiting and no hassles
Join our community and get exclusive offers, care tips and more!