Columnar Sargent Cherry Tree
* Images shown are of mature plants
Columnar Sargent Cherry Tree
A Narrow-Growing Profusion of Pink Blooms
Abundant, fragrant pink blooms cover the Columnar Sargent Cherry Tree in early spring, for a showy landscape display. This hardy, upright, narrow tree is ideal for using as a vertical, landscape accent, lending itself well to lining driveways and streets.
In fall, glossy, red-brown bark and brick-red leaves provide extended visual and textural interest. It also produces small, pea-sized fruits that ripen to a dark purple in June and July, attracting birds in search of a snack!
The Columnar Sargent Cherry Tree will grow to about 30 ft. tall, creating a hard-to-miss landscape display. It also requires little maintenance once established and is less susceptible to diseases than many other Cherry Trees, for reliable landscape beauty.
When you need a tried and true, showy flowering tree to spruce up borders, pathways and more, choose the Columnar Sargent Cherry Tree. Get yours today, and watch it quickly come to life!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Before planting, it’s important to choose a location with enough space to accommodate the size of your tree. Plant in a sunny spot (6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day. Make sure that the soil is well-draining as this tree is not tolerant of “wet feet." If you have clay soil, try adding in organic material to aid with drainage.
After you’ve selected a suitable location, dig a hole that’s at least two to three times wider than your tree’s root ball. Once you’ve placed your tree, backfill its soil, tamp down to avoid air pockets, and lastly, water to help establish its roots. Planting can be done in the fall or early spring.
2. Watering: Water your tree regularly during the growing season (approximately one thorough watering each week is fine).
If you’re not sure when to water your tree, simply check its surrounding soil, down to around 2 or 3 inches. If the soil in this area is dry, it’s time to water. Try not to overwater, as this will discourage blooming and growth.
3. Pruning: It’s advisable to prune your tree after every blooming season to minimize winter damage.
4. Fertilizing: Fertilize your tree in early spring to give it a boost. Be sure to follow product application instructions carefully.
5. Winter Protection: Your tree will need some additional protection if you live in a colder climate. Make sure to avoid excess weight on the branches during winter to minimize breakage and to protect from late frosts to encourage flowering.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $100||$24.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Growing Zones: 4-7 outdoors
- Mature Height: 20-30 ft.
- Mature Width: 15-20 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun to Part Shade
- Blooms: Spring
- Spacing: 15-20 ft.
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Does Not Ship To: AZ, CA