* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 3-7 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 25 ft.
- Mature Width: 15 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Botanical Name: Acer platanoides 'Crimson Sentry'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Incredible Crimson Color in Summer
Your average maple delivers brilliant color in fall...but with the Crimson Sentry Maple Tree, you get month-to-month interest from summer to autumn. In fact, the Crimson Sentry starts showing off its beautiful purple leaves after spring.
And no matter your location, north or south, you get the vibrant color of the Crimson Sentry. Its heavy, upright branching and smaller silhouette mean a full look that's well-suited to almost any space. That means you won't need a huge yard to get the Sentry's big, bold impact. The Norway Maple offers maroon foliage in summer and reddish-bronze tones in fall, all on a compact, easy-growing canopy.
Even better is the fact that it stands up to urban pollution and thrives in wet, swampy areas. Not only is the Sentry stunning...but it's also the ideal solution for those tough areas in your garden.
It's nearly impossible to find the Crimson Sentry at your local big-box store or garden center.
But when you order from Brighter Blooms, you not only get the rich color of the Crimson Sentry delivered right to your door...you also get healthier roots and more developed growth from the beginning. We've nurtured your tree, long before it ships out, so you get better results and success in your own landscape.
Don't wait...the Crimson sells out fast. Get the Crimson Maple Tree for yourself today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Though it's tolerant of soggy soils, Crimson Maples prefer well-drained areas. Once established, it tolerates droughts with little harm although infrequent, deep irrigation will help retain more foliage in extremely dry periods, especially in regions with hot summers. Select a spot where the tree is in full to partial sun exposure (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day).
From there, dig a hole for your Sentry Maple that’s 3 times the width of your tree’s root ball and equal depth. Place your tree in the planting hole, keeping the top of the root ball even with the ground. Fill a small amount of the soil into the hole to maintain the tree’s upright position and water thoroughly.
2. Watering: During its formative years, your Crimson Sentry Maple will require weekly watering. Even as it matures, your tree will still need plenty of water during the summer months. If you're not sure when to water, simply check the surrounding soil about 3 inches down for dryness.
3. Fertilizing: During the first growing season, use only slow-release fertilizer tablets on your new Maple. Any 10-10-10 fertilizer will be suitable.
4. Pruning: When the leaves have fully matured, remove all dead or dying branches.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|